cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 0E Load VGA Bios

eco_bach
Level 7
I have a Asus X399 extreme mobo with a Titan V GPU and 1200W EVGA P PSU.
Works great, no issue

Just purchased a 2nd GPU, Nvidia RTX 2080 and want to have a 2nd GPU running on my rig

However, when I install the 2nd GPU and boot, I always get a Code OE error and can't even get into BIOS

What I tried

1- Clearing CMOS

2- Booting again with just the TitanV in PCIE slot 1 to confirm everything still works

3- Booting with ONLY my new RTX 2080 in PCIE slot 3 to confirm it boots (yes)

4- Swapping the power card to GPU's

My best guess is that I need to change something in my BIOS in order to boot with a 2nd GPU

Does anyone have any suggestions?
24 REPLIES 24

elmor on overclockers is struggling to replicate the problem we have ,he wants people to give him there system specs ,so he can reproduce the issue

camulos wrote:
@Harley2000 It's no excuse on ASUS'Ss part but you can use the dip switches to disable PCIE slots for the immediate term. If it comes to replacing the board it's a whole other matter.

You're quite right. Support has been a disaster considering this is a flagship product.

ASUS support might be the slowest process on earth... My computer wont even boot as soon I put a firewire card in any cpi-e slot.. no matter what bios settings I use.
I thought Higher of this MOBO.

Harley2000
Level 8
reply from asus We are checking with headquarters to see if we can get an ETA on a fix/BIOS update

Harley2000 wrote:
reply from asus We are checking with headquarters to see if we can get an ETA on a fix/BIOS update

I got the same message. I'm skingun on overclock.net btw.

camulos wrote:
I got the same message. I'm skingun on overclock.net btw.

Hi skingun
i hope we get this fixed soon my rtx2080 is lonely without its other half

camulos
Level 7
I got it working on my rig but I didn't change anything. Weird.

Also having this issue with (2) 2080Ti's and ZE mobo with 2950x. generates 0E Vga load bios error if multiple 2080 cards are connected to any combination of PCIE slots (does not matter if 8x/8x or 16x/16x or 16x/8x)

Prior Titan Xp's in SLI were working fine, even swapped back to them to test, still working fine. Can run a single 2080ti without any issue if connected to PCIE16x_3 slot. If single GPU is connected to PCIE16x_ 1 slot, motherboard code will briefly say " 92 NVRAM Test" and delay system from posting, or halt it entirely. Also, cannot boot to Windows 10 normal mode with latest nvidia drivers installed if single 2080ti is connected to the PCIE16X_1 slot (can only boot to safemode or uninstall video drivers to boot to normal boot. System will only post and boot to Widnows 10 with a single 2080ti installed on the PCIE16x_3 slot (no nvram code encoutnered, no delayed posts, no issues with Windows 10)

I am beavermatic on the overclocker discussion thread of the issue, which we are working with elmor to attempt to resolve. Detailed discussion and progress here:
https://www.overclock.net/forum/11-amd-motherboards/1642825-asus-x399-rog-zenith-extreme-complaint-b...

Ive been watching this thread closely, I also have the same issue Zenith Extreme, 2 2080ti both work fine seperately but together with Sli enabled I get the Load VGA Bios, so frustrating too.

Got the same issue after upgrading from two STRIX 1080 Ti to two RTX 2080 Ti Foundry Edition without the NV Link(still not arrive).

And since Asus is an AIB partner I don't understand why no one knows this issue before all forum blows up since the RTX 2080 release about two weeks ago. If AsRock has that issue I say that is alright since they are not AIB, but ASUS? If Asus have custom RTX 2080 & 2080 Ti in the day 1, they should also recieve the froundry board at lease two months before the release for prototyping. So I guess the downsize of the ROG department do have some impact to the quality control of the product after all.

Harley2000 got an update on another forum

LATEST NEWS

I called Asus support the night before last and the agent told me they were receiving many escalations regarding this 2080 issue and their engineering team is currently working on resolution. The only information they could provide me was it is indeed related to nvlink interface incompatibility with current BIOS/board, and users of the 20xx series GPU's, whether multipgpu or single gpu may face issues and instability until BIOS update is released.

They also stated there is other issues related to the 20xx series GPU's and screens going black prior to login screen in windows/drive instability with boards at the moment, and this is affecting other boards as well (not just the ZE) and they are working on BIOS updates for these issues too.

They said to expect BIOS updates "soon" and their L2 teams will keep in touch.

Seems the NVlink interface, regardless of multigpu or single, is causing issues with ASUS mobos in general for many. I suspect they never really added support for it since it was technically outside the scope of the market these boards were intended for (well, until now).