cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 0E Load VGA Bios

eco_bach
Level 7
I have a Asus X399 extreme mobo with a Titan V GPU and 1200W EVGA P PSU.
Works great, no issue

Just purchased a 2nd GPU, Nvidia RTX 2080 and want to have a 2nd GPU running on my rig

However, when I install the 2nd GPU and boot, I always get a Code OE error and can't even get into BIOS

What I tried

1- Clearing CMOS

2- Booting again with just the TitanV in PCIE slot 1 to confirm everything still works

3- Booting with ONLY my new RTX 2080 in PCIE slot 3 to confirm it boots (yes)

4- Swapping the power card to GPU's

My best guess is that I need to change something in my BIOS in order to boot with a 2nd GPU

Does anyone have any suggestions?
24 REPLIES 24

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Tried with just the 2080 installed in the top pci-e slot ?

Would be nice to list all of your hardware, power supply/..... :confused:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Will try poking around the BIOS to see if there is something that might help.
Someone with similar issue
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/pc-wont-post-with-second-gpu-installed/

Hi Asus reps, the current bios for Zenith Extreme is not compatible with operating a RTX 2080 in a multiple card configuration.

This also means an SLI configuration of two RTX 2080's will also fail to boot.

Squall Leonhart wrote:
Hi Asus reps, the current bios for Zenith Extreme is not compatible with operating a RTX 2080 in a multiple card configuration.

This also means an SLI configuration of two RTX 2080's will also fail to boot.

Are older BIOS versions working, so could a rollback help? Or a BETA maybe?

I'm in the same shoes with single card boot as the only option ...

Cory29
Level 7
*reviewers a couple of weeks ago pre launch were complaining about thread-ripper and this card some said they could get it to boot only if they disabled cores that the card only used 2 cores when trying to bench*
-- they said that there was going to be a day one firmware update or driver ...
sounds like amd or asus needs to update something on the board too for this card
sucks I was gonna jump to a 2080ti guess ill wait a few months to see what happens

i am also having trouble with 2 rtx2080s no boot ,works with one ,also tried one rtx2080 and one gtx980 it booted ,
same board asus zenith extreme x399

camulos
Level 7
I'm having the same problem. I've posted in the ZENITH EXTREME BETA UEFI 0901 thread too. Not sure where the best place to get attention on this issue is. Only response I've had so far is from elmor on overclock.net forums. I see the issue raised on multiple platforms:

- Reddit
- overclock.net
- ROG forums
- Nvidia forums
- EVGA forums

what about the people who have full water cooling ,when they drain all there water install these cards,only to find out it does not work
its simply not good enough,its there flag ship board ,its the first asus board i have ever purchased ,after this it may be my last ,
PLEASE ASUS SORT THIS PROBLEM OUT SOON,there is no direct line to speak to someone ,i feel like we are being ignored

camulos
Level 7
@Harley2000 It's no excuse on ASUS'Ss part but you can use the dip switches to disable PCIE slots for the immediate term. If it comes to replacing the board it's a whole other matter.

You're quite right. Support has been a disaster considering this is a flagship product.