cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTL/IOL tweaking

dante_afk
Level 7
Hey folks,

with which dimm entries should I play around on a 4 dimm motherboard? is that the right way to do it?

5 REPLIES 5

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hi Dante, you might want to post a memtweakit screenshot. You're far better off working on secondary and tertiary timings if looking to dial things in further.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hi Dante, you might want to post a memtweakit screenshot. You're far better off working on secondary and tertiary timings if looking to dial things in further.

Thanks Scone, do you see anything here I could tighten more up? I tried 17/18/38 and 17/17/32 without success.

I'd like to get the latency down to 38ns

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Have you attempted 1T command rate yet at 17-19?

May need more DRAM voltage. You might want to try some comparisons if you haven't at 4K, or possibly even below this when compared with where you are at now at 2T.

With the frequency you are running now, adjustment of round trip latency will likely result in no POST occasionally if not frequently. This side of things is dialed in fairly well from the get go. Too much voltage is needed on the DIMM side to compensate.

dante_afk
Level 7
1T is not working. I run a ram water block from EK so temperatures are not a problem. Tried up to 1.6v without success. I'd really live to know how I can properly train the RTLs and IOLs myself? So on the pictures I showed on the initial post, do I change every entry? And do the numbers have to be the same on each dimm corrosponding to rank0/1. If someone could clarify how I work on them, that would be great.

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
You really want to be working on subs first. The fact you're unable to do 1T at that frequency says a lot.

Ideally, yes they should be adjusted accordingly per rank. Adjusting IO-L Latency will give you an idea of how much movement you have there.