cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Armoury Crate after BIOS Update

FriendOfJah
Level 7
Hi Folks,

This is my first posting here at the Asus ROG forums. I have a Asus ROG-STRIX-Z390-H-GAMING Motherboard with the latest BIOS 2808 installed. Prior to this I had the Armoury Crate software installed on my iBuyPower PC and it mostly worked. Since the BIOS update I get this error in the Armoury Crate software saying, "Prerequisite update - Please connect to the Internet, and check update in Update Center to get the prerequisite update to enable this function." I'm connected to the Internet, I go to the Update Center, there's nothing to update. The software cannot see the AURA device any longer. I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work. As a result I cannot control the AURA Effects. Any ideas on why this isn't working properly? Thanks in advance for any and all help provided.

Roger
5 REPLIES 5

Super_Gnome
Level 11
That kind of thing is pretty typical in my experience, and that of lots of others who post here. As someone wise here has written, the less Asus "bloatware" you install and run, the better off you are. I have taken that advice to heart and not looked back--and that in mind, I have reinstalled Windows (via "Reset" in Windows) which got rid of every last trace of it. Honestly, I have never been happier. I do run Tweak II though, but have rarely had trouble with it. As for fan control, your fans can be controlled via the Bios. As for RGB lighting and digital displays and such, you can simply no longer pay the slightest attention to any of it--and as a consequence you no longer have to pull your hair out or waste your time.

Hopefully this helps. It is the ultimate solution.

Super Gnome wrote:
That kind of thing is pretty typical in my experience, and that of lots of others who post here. As someone wise here has written, the less Asus "bloatware" you install and run, the better off you are. I have taken that advice to heart and not looked back--and that in mind, I have reinstalled Windows (via "Reset" in Windows) which got rid of every last trace of it. Honestly, I have never been happier. I do run Tweak II though, but have rarely had trouble with it. As for fan control, your fans can be controlled via the Bios. As for RGB lighting and digital displays and such, you can simply no longer pay the slightest attention to any of it--and as a consequence you no longer have to pull your hair out or waste your time.

Hopefully this helps. It is the ultimate solution.

Hi Super Gnome. Thanks so much for the fast reply, information and suggestions. I'll definitely look to get rid of all the Asus software when I reinstall Windows 10. You mentioned a program called Tweak II. Could you please let me know where I can get this from? Thanks again.

Roger

FriendOfJah wrote:
. You mentioned a program called Tweak II. Could you please let me know where I can get this from? Thanks again.

Roger

Hey Roger,

Glad to be of assistance. As for Tweak II, it is Asus software you can use to tweak your curves, etc, if you have an Asus GPU (or two). If you don't have any there is no need at all for it.

If you do have an Asus GPU it is fine to use. Otherwise you ought to go with your GPU maker's software.

Here is a link: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_Download/

Super Gnome wrote:
Hey Roger,

Glad to be of assistance. As for Tweak II, it is Asus software you can use to tweak your curves, etc, if you have an Asus GPU (or two). If you don't have any there is no need at all for it.

If you do have an Asus GPU it is fine to use. Otherwise you ought to go with your GPU maker's software.

Here is a link: https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GPUTweak%20II/HelpDesk_Download/

Thanks so much for the reply. Yes, I have an Asus GEForce RTX 2060 Super GPU. I'll definitely check this out.

HELP - I CANNOT POST ANY NEW THREADS!

i keep getting this error message:

Access Denied
timestamp: 2020-09-03 16:39:46
event ID: 168175646167713249323516421062592687016
client IP address: 71.228.89.116
URL: https://rog.asus.com/forum/newthread.php?do=postthread&f=303
Please take a screenshot and contact your administrator