cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Z390-A after Windows installation on SSD nvme M2 - there is no Windows Boot Manager

xStevex
Level 7

I recently installed an SSD KINGSTON FURY RENEGADE PCIE 4.0 NVMe M.2 on Prime Z390-A, and I installed Windows 10 on this SSD.

However, after the installation, there is no "Windows Boot Manager" present, and the system is not booting. I have no idea how to fix it, I read a lot of forums and I didn't find any work solution.

Please advise me on what further steps I can take to resolve this issue, or provide any additional instructions that may be necessary.

I was under the impression that it was technically impossible to install Windows 10 on SSD on ASUS PRIME Z390-A motheboard and I could only use the SSD as storage. Is this true?

1 REPLY 1

Nate152

Hello xStevex,

Nope that's false.

You can install windows on M.2 ssd's as well as SATA ssd's.

Not having the Windows Boot Manager means windows was not installed in UEFI mode.

What I'd do is, insert your windows usb flash drive, boot to the bios, go to the boot tab, Scroll down to the boot order, find your windows usb flash drive and check that UEFI is the first thing listed on it.

If UEFI is not listed, you didn't do a UEFI install and this is why you don't have the Windows Boot Manager.