cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi) and Samsung 860 Pro forced disconnects

Saltgrass
Level 13
I run a Samsung 970 Pro in the second M.2 slot. I am trying to run a Samsung 860 Pro 1TB on a SATA port. It seems quite often the Intel Rapid Storage "Removes" the 2.5 inch SSD and I get a message regarding the situation.

It seems to work OK some of the time but disconnects far too often for the situation to be acceptable. I ran an 850 Pro on the same SATA connector and it was never disconnected. I read the Samsung Magician software may be at fault so I uninstalled it without any noticeable change.

I have the M.2 slot set to x4 and I am not using the first M.2 slot so the SATA ports I am using should not be effected by the M.2 slots.

The Event Viewer is showing an EventID 129 iaStorAC "Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued". Link State Power Management is set to OFF in Windows but I need to check what the Bios shows. Once the drive has been disconnected, it seems to stay that way, even during reboots.

As far as I know, the Bios and all drivers are up to date and this happened prior to Bios 1602 and continues with it.

Thanks for reading...
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
3 REPLIES 3

Saltgrass
Level 13
It looks like no one else here is having the problem. But my situation continues. Since I have tried changing Ports and even disconnected my DVD drive, I don't know of anything else I can do except maybe try a Samsung community..

I am getting this message and it occurred four times in succession prior to the drive being disconnected.

EventID 51 An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation.

Thanks for reading.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Snakeyes
Level 11
Any reason why you are not using the first M2 slot set to PCIE?

If there is no particular reason I would put the 960 in the first M2 slot and set it to PCIE. I would then connect the other Samsung SSD to the first or third Sata slot.
If you are determined to keep the 960 Pro on Sata, connect the other Samsung SSD to the third Sata slot.
NAME THE SANDWICH: – White Bread, Lots of Baloney, Russian dressing and served with a small pickle.?

Intel Core i7 8700K @5.1 Stable Delidded
Asus Maximus X Code

16 GB
G skill TridentZ DDR4 ​4266 (PC4 34100)
Corsair HX1000i digital
EVGA 1070 GTX TiSuperclocked+
Samsung NVMe SSD 960 pro M. 2
Samsung 860 Pro
Watercooled with EK block radiator fans etc.

chevell65
Level 12