cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Power to USB ports - Maximus XI Call of Duty Problem

zebyte
Level 7
Hello people,

I recently purchased a Maximus XI Call of Duty motherboard and noticed that my "wireless mouse" was lagging a lot and moving randomly as if it is placed far away from the reciever. I tried everything from BIOS update to moving motherboard out of the case on my test*bench. Tried changing battery in the mouse as well, tried all USB 2 and 3 ports both on front and the back but the problem presists as soon as the mouse is moved a bit away from reciever it starts freezing and moving randomly.

It is indeed very strange, there is no latest BIOS available for the call of duty edition board so I took the risk and flashed Maximus XI hero wifi's available latest bios mainly because it states "Fix usb devices issue" idk what issue they have fixed but even the latest bios did not work. I also ruled out mouse being the issue by testing it on 2 other computers, I could move very far from the computers and it would still work flawlessly which makes me think that for some reason the USB ports on this board are not recieving enough power. This issue was further confirmed by using my USB headset, *it uses 3.5 mm jack + USB for extra power for Bass and on this board it was not even half as loud as it is on my other computers. Anyone got an idea what is going on?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
If you have any other USB devices, start by disconnecting them. One bad USB device can cause problems with others. If you are still experiencing issues with only one device connected then it sounds like there is a physical problem with your board. The only remedy would be an RMA or using a USB PCIe card.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
If you have any other USB devices, start by disconnecting them. One bad USB device can cause problems with others. If you are still experiencing issues with only one device connected then it sounds like there is a physical problem with your board. The only remedy would be an RMA or using a USB PCIe card.

Tried that already, I honestly do not have the energy or motivation to troubleshoot such weird issue especially when I am paying more $ for something premium I expect it to be trouble free and if it aint trouble free its going back to where it came from. There are so many things in life we have no control over and have to just live with it fortunately electronics are not one of those things I just returned the board.:p

xeromist
I would do the same. No reason to struggle with something during the return window.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…