cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero XI and CPU fan error

Tonyert3
Level 7
Hi friends, I get this error every time I turned on the computer The fan is running but the fan power cable is not plugged into the motherboard where the CPU fan is written. I plugged the pump in at the place AIO_ pump. Should I plug the fan power cord back to the CPU fan.

Every time I restarted the computer I get CPU Fan Error. How can I make the error go away?

Kraken X72, there's a trio of 4 pin PWM

connectors for your fans and one 4 pin

PWM connector for your pump installation

of the water block

the pump should be plugged into the AIO pump header

the pump powered via SATA.

I can't use Qfan and I was hoping I could use the AI_Suite_III for Everything. It's awesome ASUS utilities.

Is the ASUS the only motherboard that can't communicate with the AIO USB or CPU fan connection?
3 REPLIES 3

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hi,

Go into the Monitor tab within the UEFI and highlight the CPU_FAN, select ignore. Install the Kraken software and consult the manual for best configuration.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Hi,

Go into the Monitor tab within the UEFI and highlight the CPU_FAN, select ignore. Install the Kraken software and consult the manual for best configuration.

That's what I did, And now ASUS motherboard can't show any fan and made the Qfan and all-suite III worthless.
I was hoping for a better solution than telling ASUS motherboard to do nothing.
I chose the ASUS motherboard for AI overclocking and all-suite III.
people chose ASUS motherboard for the best BIOS.

mdzcpa
Level 12
Ignoring the CPU FAN only is the BIOS should not affect any other fan header functionality. All this does is turn off the FAN ERROR you see at boot up. That warning is there in case a users fan goes out.

What Silent Scone suggested is correct for most AIO cooler installations. My CPU FAN header is set on ignore and I use FAN EXPERT to run all of my case fans just fine. Custom fan curves. Works great. However in this set up you use the Kraken utility to control the AIO cooler and fans, and AI Suite to control case fans.

The only option that might work is to put the Pump connector onto the CPU FAN, and connect the radiator fans directly to the motherboard. This is not how NZXT recommends however.