cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan spin up time never works

1ntel
Level 7
I set the fan spin up time and spin down on the CPU on the ROG Maximus X Hero and it NEVER works! I am on BIOS 1801, it hasn't worked on previous versions either..

https://i.imgur.com/0cXl2Xn.jpg

I have set it back to 0 for now as it does nothing.

Anyone have any idea?
6 REPLIES 6

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
No it never works. It did on the bios it shipped with for me. But I have since been utilizing my commander pro from Corsair/icue/h150i to control my fans. I set fans to GPU temp as well as h150i liquid temp. It is a much more consistent swing that does not ramp fans up every time I open a program. What are you using to cool your CPU?

Did you run Fan Tuning in either the UEFI or Fan Expert first?

Guitarmageddon888 wrote:
No it never works. It did on the bios it shipped with for me. But I have since been utilizing my commander pro from Corsair/icue/h150i to control my fans. I set fans to GPU temp as well as h150i liquid temp. It is a much more consistent swing that does not ramp fans up every time I open a program. What are you using to cool your CPU?

H150i PRO. The commander pro is the solution I was looking at but I just wanted to check once more if anyone else has managed to get it working. It appears to be broken and no interest in fixing it so I will probably purchase the commander pro.

Can you set the fans based on GPU and the H150i Water temp? e.g whichever is higher ramp the fans up?

mdzcpa wrote:
Did you run Fan Tuning in either the UEFI or Fan Expert first?

Multiple times yes.

It doesn't seem to work on my Maximus XI Hero + 9900k either. I wasted a lot of time on this.

In the end I went with Argus Monitor. In my opinion, Argus is the best fan control option available.

1ntel wrote:
H150i PRO. The commander pro is the solution I was looking at but I just wanted to check once more if anyone else has managed to get it working. It appears to be broken and no interest in fixing it so I will probably purchase the commander pro.

Can you set the fans based on GPU and the H150i Water temp? e.g whichever is higher ramp the fans up?

Multiple times yes.

I would love an "either/or" ability to set fans but iCue software doesn't have the ability. You can set to the gpu temp however, and it also includes some temp probes too if you wanted that. As far as the h150, you can set all fans to that liquid temp too if you wanted. Basically no sensor is off limits. I love my commander pro. Also have two led strips plugged into it. A nice integrated solution .

spin up and spin down never works
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
5900X Win10 on serveral versions now
Mainboard tried on version 3602, 4204, 4403 and earlier

still the same