cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my MB support my RAM?

StrixM4ster
Level 7
Hi,
I have a Crosshair VI Hero x370. My RAM are G.Skill Ripjaw 2x8GB (f4-3200c16d-16gvkb). It runs on the xmp profile with 3200 mhz.
The problem is, sometimes when I shut down my pc, I get this BSOD and it reboots. After the reboot, the AMD graphics center says that it had a problem and reseted my settings. The BSOD:

People on Reddit said that it is not a problem with my GPU but maybe with my RAM. So I looked on the compatibility list of the board and is not on it.
Does my board really dont support my RAM and could it be the problem of the occasionally BSODs when I shut the system down?

Thx in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Hello,

To begin with you'd need to remove XMP/DOCP in order to revert the system to stock. If the issue no longer persists you'll have your answer about the memory being the culprit.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

BigJohnny
Level 13
StrixM4ster wrote:
Hi,
I have a Crosshair VI Hero x370. My RAM are G.Skill Ripjaw 2x8GB (f4-3200c16d-16gvkb). It runs on the xmp profile with 3200 mhz.
The problem is, sometimes when I shut down my pc, I get this BSOD and it reboots. After the reboot, the AMD graphics center says that it had a problem and reseted my settings. The BSOD:

People on Reddit said that it is not a problem with my GPU but maybe with my RAM. So I looked on the compatibility list of the board and is not on it.
Does my board really dont support my RAM and could it be the problem of the occasionally BSODs when I shut the system down?

Thx in advance.

QVL list is what they had tested to work with the board at the time the list was published. There are more. Like suggested disable XMP to see where you land.