cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random shut downs and reboots, no bcod

Datsun240z
Level 7
Hey guys, I have random reboots on my computer. I dont get any blue screens or error messages, ive check temps and basic stuff but im not the most advanced tweaker like some of you. I can be gaming or surfing net or just sitting idling. sometimes it will turn back on immediately and sometimes it has to wait 10 mins or so.

-Maximus XII
-i910900kf AIO cooler with 320mm rad.
Rams (4) sticks of g.Skill f4-4133c19d-16GTZR--- might be the issue, ive tried it on different scenarios with 1, 2, stick and swapped them around and all that and ran mem test its test ok.
-1090ti
-(2) 960 PRO m.2 in raid
-1 970 pro m.2 storage
-corsair 1200gold PSU

I have some basic diag stuff but just tell me what to post.
53 REPLIES 53

Nate152
Hi Datsun240z

I'd start with one matching ram kit in slots A2-B2 and test at default settings.

If stable, then try X.M.P. or manually setting your ram to its rated specs, you may need to raise these voltages to get 4133MHz stable.

Dram voltage: 1.40 - 1.45v
CPU System Agent Voltage (VCCSA): 1.25v - 1.30v
CPU VCCIO voltage: 1.25v - 1.30v

Try with the lowest voltages first.

Datsun240z
Level 7
ok i will try that when i get home, i do remember i did try putting the ram in like that but i didn't mess with voltages as i don't know all the depth of that kinda stuff. it did crash again last night and i was logging stuff. would that be any good to post?*

Datsun240z
Level 7
Ok, it failed to post with XMP 1 settings so i tried XMP2 and it failed as well. put it back on auto and it booted right up. im not sure my problem is ram im not a very in depth cpu guy but i can build stuff forgive my ignorance.
i should have 2 logs of failures as i now have had 2 and i wrote down the time.

Datsun240z
Level 7
i tried setting the frequency to 4133mhz and it will not boot. then i tried setting the voltages to what you said and left the 4133mhz.. no boot.... then i put the dram frreq to auto and it booted. it shows it as 2133mhz. (should i run it like this or should i change the voltages back to default to test it for awhile?)

Datsun240z
Level 7
Ahh it finally booted. been playing with settings. currently in XMP 2 with your settings but the 1.45v on the memory. should i try to keep it like this or keep playing with xmp 1?

Nate152
Nice, it sounds like you're edging towards stability.

What Frequency and Timings does X.M.P. 2 show?

oh this is with all 4 dimms installed

Datsun240z
Level 7
xmp ddr4-4140 19-19-19-39.1
BLCK FREq 100
pcie freq 100

i have not had a crash yet but ive just been googling stuff. i did a stress test with AIDA64 and she fails memory and cashe but i dont know what im looking at, temps look ok. i unpluged my AIO cpu cooler and temps ramp so my pump is good.

Datsun240z
Level 7
ehhh another crash as usual. damn
opened asus extreme tuning utility and ran cpu stress test. its showing "Power Limit Throttling" about 3 mins into the test. im not overclocking the cpu. its default. could that be something?

cpu test with avx says passed though but it did trigger "Current/EDP Limit Throttling"