cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Code video glitch..

Ravenbear
Level 7
I have looked this issue up online and in several places people were saying it was an issue with the motherboard. I just wanted to get an more accurate opinion.
I am running a i7 7700 with 2 Asus Nvidia 1080s, 32MB of RAM and water cooled. All the drivers are up to date as is the BIOS and it is not overclocked. Now that this out of the way. the problem is that it at times freezes videos and even those in cut scenes in games. The video freezes and the sound continues on after about a minute it is back to normal. It does with every browser I use and every game. In games it is in the cutscences not during game play. IS this the MB or drivers or both. I am new to playing with BIOS settings and have left those alone. Anyone got an idea on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time in reading this rather long post.
19 REPLIES 19

Nate152
Hello Ravenbear

I'm using a single Titan Xp with the Maximus IX Code and all is working fine.

Alot of times freezing can be ram related, please list your system specs.

Have you tried at default settings ?

Nate152 wrote:
Hello Ravenbear

Yes I am running at default settings..
Here are my system specs in a more detailed forum..
https://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/12973100

Nate152 wrote:
Hello Ravenbear

I trace the issue on the glish.

is the driver. i test all of them. for a odd issue, is the nvlddmkm. As soon i drop to 399.xx is gone, i use the first 2 drivers of the 400.xx those are gone. the next 2 the issues appear. using your config still, even on stock.

I redoo the oc with a bios re flash and still. so i drop to the last 399.xx drivers and those problems are gone. is a issue. the glitch appears that the drivers drops and back on. those are event viewer
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Nate152
Thank you

I see your ram is running at 3000MHz which is not at default and you have 32GB at 3000MHz, it doesn't list the timings but I'm betting the freezing is ram instability. Your i7-7700k is also overclocked 100MHz.

Go in the bios, on the Extreme Tweaker tab set:

Dram voltage - 1.35v
CPU VCCIO voltage - 1.20v
CPU System Agent voltage - 1.20v
CPU Core/Cache voltage - 1.25v

At the top of Dram Timing Control try Maximus Tweak Mode 1.

F10 and Enter to save and exit.

Maximus Tweak Mode 1 - Helps with compatibility
Maximus Tweak Mode 2 - Helps with overclocking

How does it go after this ?

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you

I see your ram is running at 3000MHz which is not at default and you have 32GB at 3000MHz, it doesn't list the timings but I'm betting the freezing is ram instability. Your i7-7700k is also overclocked 100MHz.

Dram voltage - 1.35v

I changed everything but CPU Core/Cache voltage, It would not allow me to change it. So I left it the way I found it in Adaptive mode. Funny thing is that anytime I change a setting in the BIOS it rearranges my BOOT order. Is this normal?

Things seem stable i will let you know how it goes..

Thank You

Nate152 wrote:
Thank you

Dram voltage - 1.35v

Ok I have gotten all the changes in place you suggested. So far so good.... But the weird thing is that anytime I change anything in the BIOS it re-sets my boot order.. Any Ideas?

Thank you again for the effort you are giving me in this issue..

Ravenbear
Level 7
Thank you for helping with this.. I have not changed anything with the BIOS I am using GPU Tweak 2 that might be what set them like that.. I will do what you suggest and get back to you.. Thank you. This is a new thing so I do not know what changed..

Nate152
You're welcome

In adaptive mode, you change the cpu voltage by entering a value in the "Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage Override". On auto your cpu is likely getting overvolted.

How are games, still freezing at cut scenes ?

Changing the settings you're setting shouldn't affect the boot order.

Ravenbear
Level 7
Videos and cut scenes both do it. I will go back in and see about changing the CPU Core/Cache voltage, I will say it is doing it less now.. I will get back to you.. Thank you I do know if this will help but this just started, not hardware or bios changes before hand.