cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS IX CODE q-code error 0A? Need ideas please

Dakkor
Level 8
Ok I built this computer in January and it has been running great. Yesterday I took it apart for regular cleaning and when I turned it back on I get no post and q-code 0A. That code is not in the book so I thought maybe DA Boot option failed? So I removed all ssd and m.2 storage still no post. I have done every trouble shooting step I can think of like removing all components one at a time using only 1 stick of ram, clearing cmos, removing battery, safe boot, memOK, and bios flashback. So far no luck. Did I miss anything? I called support she seemed to think it was a DA code because 0A not in her book. We went through all the same steps over again to no avail. So she wants me to RMA =(. So before I do that I was hoping maybe you could help. If there's any info I left out that you need let me know. And Thanks
Dak.

7700k no overclock
maximus ix code
16GB Corsair LPX 3200
2x Asus 1080 Strix gaming
Evga 850 Gold
Samsung 950 Pro m.2 Boot drive
WD Black 4TB Storage
8 REPLIES 8

Psycrow
Level 11
Never take pc apart for cleaning i guess 🙂
Hardware gets more and more sensitive and breaks easy.
Either due to modern tech chips or stuff gets cheaper produced today.

I think i also had that code but i tryed to reset bios and flash it again and pressed all the small bottons on the mainboard and eventualy i got rid of it.

Psycrow wrote:
Never take pc apart for cleaning i guess 🙂
Hardware gets more and more sensitive and breaks easy.
Either due to modern tech chips or stuff gets cheaper produced today.

I think i also had that code but i tried to reset bios and flash it again and pressed all the small bottons on the mainboard and eventualy i got rid of it.

I would hope taking it apart to dust would not be enough to kill it :confused: But I thought using bios flashback might help but I'm just getting a solid light after a few seconds. I have tried all 3 available bios and three different flash drives naming the file M9F.CAP. No luck Am I doing something wrong?

Nate152
Hi Dakkor

Welcome to the ROG forum.

If you've gone through troubleshooting steps with ASUS support and didn't help, let us know how the replacement is working when you get it installed.

Nate152
It doesn't sound like the bios flash is successful.

1) Format an empty usb flash to .FAT32
2) Download the bios file from the ASUS Support Center
3) Extract it to the USB flashdrive
4) Rename the bios file to M9F.CAP
5) Insert the usb flash drive into the ROG Connect port
6) Press and hold the bios flasback button intil it starts to flash, flashing should slowly get faster then stop. The update should take about 90 seconds.
7) When flashing stops start your pc

Nate152 wrote:
It doesn't sound like the bios flash is successful.

1) Format an empty usb flash to .FAT32
2) Download the bios file from the ASUS Support Center
3) Extract it to the USB flashdrive
4) Rename the bios file to M9F.CAP
5) Insert the usb flash drive into the ROG Connect port
6) Press and hold the bios flasback button intil it starts to flash, flashing should slowly get faster then stop. The update should take about 90 seconds.
7) When flashing stops start your pc

Thanks Nate I did finally get the bios flash to work I think but it still will not post so I will send it in tomorrow for RMA. Thanks everyone for the help.
Dak

Nate152
All right, sorry to hear that didn't get you going.

Give us an update when you get your replacement. 🙂

Hello. I am new. Soooo did anyone find out what the Q Code 0A was??

harmonicaplayer wrote:
Hello. I am new. Soooo did anyone find out what the Q Code 0A was??

Update BIOS to the last bios available and install last MEI and Chipset. and test again on stock values first.
Learn, Play Enjoy!