The Maximus IX Apex has two plates where you can add your own custom name plate. First you have the "Republic of Gamers" name plate that can be changed and an additional one provided in the retail box that can be placed between the two PCI-E slots.
Made of transparent acrylic, the additional one is provided with 3 black stickers. Here is a simple How to guide to create your own! What do you need?
Step by Step
- 1 x Papercutting knife
- 1 x blank paper 6.6cm x 2cm
- Blank acrylic name plate (provided with the motherboard) 6.6cm x 2cm
- Black sticker (provided with the motherboard) 6.6cm x 2cm
- 1 x Hex Key
- ROG Font (optional)
1. First you want to prepare a pattern to follow while cutting with your knife. To do so, you can use PowerPoint or any other software that allows you to do boxes and write text inside (if you are an artist, you can choose to do it by hand directly). I will be using PowerPoint for the example.
2. Create a 6.6cm x 2cm black rectangular. And another one of 6cm x 2cm. The second one will help you to not go over as you have two holes on the side of the acrylic name plate.
3. Right click and “edit text”. Pick a font that has linear line, it will be easier when cutting. I will be using the ROG font. Depending on the font you want, adjust the size to fit your black rectangular. Make sure your text fits into the 6cm x 2 cm box. You can now print it. DOWNLOAD ROG Font Template
4. Cut your paper following the black line of the 6.5cm x 2cm box, and tape it to the black sticker provided with the motherboard.
5. It’s time to take your papercutting knife and go around your letters.
a. Make sure to push enough with the knife
b. Take your time, if necessary do the line in two times
6. Once all the letters have been cut, remove your paper. Check that all the intersection of your letters are nicely cut. If necessary repass with your papercutting knife.
7. You are now ready to remove the cut black parts. If you have a letter with a hole inside, like “B” or “O”, make sure to keep it.
8. Take your acrylic part, and remove the protecting layer
. Then remove the black part to stick it into the acrylic. Once done, add the inside of the letters if you have.
9. Screw the plate into the board and power on!3D Printed Name Plate
If you have a 3D Printer at home, you can choose to 3D Print the name plate. DOWNLOAD Name Plate source file (stp)DOWNLOAD ROG Fonts (stp)
If you want to 3D print other parts for the Maximus IX Apex, you can visit the product page in the 3D Printing section
And don't forget, Keep pushing it !