Did you mean: 

CPU Fan Error(H115i,Maximus IX Hero)

AmitBL
Level 7
Hey guys, so as the titles says, my rig is:
Asus Maximus IX Hero
Corsair H115i(with 2 140MM fans)
I7 7700K
3 SP120 fans (built-in with my Corsair 570x)
1 HD120 fan
I built it about 9 months ago and everything worked just fine, cpu temp was about 25-40 most of the time, fans RPM was about 1200 all the time.
Yesterday I turned on the computer, and had an "CPU fan error", no idea why.
CPU temperture skyrocketed for about 85-100, no idea why.
The HD120 is plugged to CHA_FAN1, 2 of the SP120 is plugged to CHA_FAN2,CHA_FAN3
The third SP120 fan is was connected to CPU_OPT, and pump was connected to CPU_FAN.
Tried to change H115i to AIO_PUMP, doesn't work.
Anyone has idea? I'm desperate, maybe pump has died?
4 REPLIES 4

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hi.
Connect any of your fans to CPU FAN,check if it is spinning.I think your pump is dead if no rpms are reported and you had 85-100 Celsius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gman257
Level 10
Like Chino said Verify pump first. Connect fans for the H115 as..... 1 to CPU FAN.....1 to CPU OPT....Connect the pump to another motherboard header or AIO PUMP. Then you go into the UEFI and make sure the setting for the the PUMP is set to DC mode not PWM to make sure it runs at full speed.
Silverstone RAVEN RV02B-EW
Intel 4770K
Maximus VI Impact-Motherboard
Corsair 240AIR
Kingston HyperBeast 2400Mhz 8GB-Menmory
Seasonic 1000w Platinum
Samsung PRO SSD 256GB x 2
Corsair SP2500
ASUS MARS GTX 760x2
ASUS VE258Q
PrecisionHD Cam.
CORSAIR K95 RGB
Corsair K65 RGB

Gman257 wrote:
Like Chino said Verify pump first. Connect fans for the H115 as..... 1 to CPU FAN.....1 to CPU OPT....Connect the pump to another motherboard header or AIO PUMP. Then you go into the UEFI and make sure the setting for the the PUMP is set to DC mode not PWM to make sure it runs at full speed.

The pumps mini molex reports speed only, no control.

I wouldn't try anything else but a new unit. Losing your speed feedback is one thing, your CPU temps skyrocketing is sure sign your pump is taken a dump. You can run it with dead fans or even no and it will warm up under load but for it to shoot up rapidly there is no liquid moving. Ive actually run mine with no fans on a test bench for initial set up and loading the OS with no ill effects so long as the rad is not closed in and you dont load it down.

You can not connect that lead at all and just have one of your fans on the CPU header and the pump will run at 100%.
If you got CPU fan error and it heated up the connection did its job or alerting you to no CPU cooling.

If its still under warranty log a ticket with Corsair or if its less than 30 days get ahold of the vendor for a replacement.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein