cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Maximus Formula…..problems

Walter_white
Level 7
So the other day I took my pc apart to clean my loop and ever since my pc hasn’t boot up. I have an i7-7700k and a Maximus formula ix. So far what I have done is….. pretty much everything. I just unplugged literally everything and it still doesn’t work. Tried a new asus rog thor power supply and nothing. Error code on the board is 00. No cpu, dram, vga, or boot lights on. I’m stumped. Is it my board or cpu? Nothing is plugged into the motherboard besides cpu power and 24 pin. I’ve tried everything. All the fans and lights come on but it doesn’t post at all. I’ve been having this issue for a week. Cleared cmos, took battery out. Any suggestions? I just ordered a new board just in case.
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
Any liquid get on the board? Was the CPU removed? If so double check no pins were bent.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Any liquid get on the board? Was the CPU removed? If so double check no pins were bent.

cpu never came out of the board. No liquid went on to the board either. Totally stumped. Been doing this for years and years and I’ve never had a failure like this.

Nate152
Hi Walter white

Code 00 can be a tough one to track down.

1) Have you tried flashing/updating the bios with the bios flashback feature?
2) Double check the 8-pin cpu power cable is fully connected to the board and psu.
3) You have a good power supply but if you have a spare to test with you could give that a try.
4) A short can cause code 00
5) A dead cpu will cause code 00, but if it worked before the tear down it's likely not dead.
6) A faulty motherboard can cause code 00

It's about all I can think of at the moment that can cause code 00, any of these suggestions help?

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Walter white

Code 00 can be a tough one to track down.

1) Have you tried flashing/updating the bios with the bios flashback feature?
2) Double check the 8-pin cpu power cable is fully connected to the board and psu.
3) You have a good power supply but if you have a spare to test with you could give that a try.
4) A short can cause code 00
5) A dead cpu will cause code 00, but if it worked before the tear down it's likely not dead.
6) A faulty motherboard can cause code 00

It's about all I can think of at the moment that can cause code 00, any of these suggestions help?

hey thank you for the reply. I ended up just ordering a Maximus formula xii. I had a spare cpu sitting around so I said might as well use it. New motherboard should be here today sometime. My issue has to be motherboard or cpu because I took the board out of the pc and took out the cmos battery for a day and I took the ram out as well. Nothing plugged into the board except 24 pin and cpu power and I still get the same thing.Â*

xeromist
Did some looking around, probably found the same threads you did but here it goes: Some folks got that code from a poorly seated or malfunctioning CPU cooler fan so you might want to try hooking something different into that header so it gets a signal. Also, when you popped the battery out did you leave it out for a minute or more to allow caps to discharge?

Finally, some people have used a hairdryer to warm the area around the q-code display. Strange.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Nate152
Well, it seems you took the step to alleviate all pain by upgrading to a new motherboard.

Just know you will need a 10th gen cpu for the ROG Maximus XII Formula.