cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QCode 00 Asus Maximus Ranger VIII

CivCity
Level 7
So i've built my first PC, I7 6700k, 16Gb Kingston HyperxFury (2 block of 8Gb DDR4 2133 mhz), Itek Desert 700W PSU, Asus motherboard,GTX 970 4Gb DDR5
mounted everything perfectly all cables in the right place, but at my first try to power up, i got this QCode 00....so I can't even get into the Bios, nothing! I've watched the CPU and MB for bent pins/missing....but they are ALL perfect!Removed Ram and changed places with 1 ram at the time...
I tried even upgrading BIOS with USB, I think the operation went well, after 1 minute the BIOS button went off...but still 00 error! What am I missing?! All components are new! I've seen that a lot of people have this issue...
12 REPLIES 12

Nate152
Hello CivCity

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Please confirm you have the 8-pin cpu power cable connected to the motherboard.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello CivCity

Welcome to the ROG forum.

Please confirm you have the 8-pin cpu power cable connected to the motherboard.

Yes, everything is in place!

Nate152
Thank you

Power down your pc and clear the cmos with the button with the green circular arrow on the back. Double check you have the pcie power cables connected to your gtx 970, if this doesn't help then there is a problem with either the psu, cpu, or motherboard.

hiong
Level 8
Are your RAM in the grey slots?

Chino
Level 15
Remove all your components from the case and put the motherboard on top of the cardboarx box that it came in. Use the bare minimum and test your system.

I have tried everything you said guys...still same error -.-!!! I've tried the ram in every possibile slot too!

I am so mad at the fact that i bought those parts....everything was compatible between them, spent a lot of cash!! And when i want to simply
install and put together, i get those errors!!! Another guy I read somewhere on the internet that has bought my exact same parts and everything worked
perfectly! Now I have to spend more money to take this PC to some PC center! C'mon, that's not fair!

Chino
Level 15
I understand your frustration but DOA items happen a lot.

The 00 QCODE can be caused by a defective CPU, motherboard or even PSU. It's impossible for you to diagnose by yourself if you don't have extra parts. If I were you, I'd start by testing the PSU. The one you listed doesn't seem like a respetable brand to me at all.