cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! Can't log into windows with my PIN because I don't have connection to the net

Drafistord
Level 7
I'm having an issue with something as simple as logging into windows 11 after I just put in a new Maximus XIII Hero motherboard. Everything is hooked up flawlessly, but windows wont let me use my PIN to log in so I can install the necessary LAN drivers for internet connection.

Windows defaults to a guest account with no admin privlidges, and when I try to give said account admin rights, it keeps asking for a PIN from my master account. I tried out a USB CD-Rom drive to see if I could use the CD that came with the motherboard to install the drivers from the guest account, but once again it's asking for my PIN from my main account. The Administrator account isnt even an option when trying to select a different account with ctrl+alt+del.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?! I feel like a complete idiot because I've exhausted every single thing I can think of, and I'm trying to avoid having to do a clean install of windows.

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2

Nate152
Hi Drafistord

Welcome to the ROG forum.

With a new motherboard, you should do a fresh install of windows to avoid driver conflicts.

ahfoo
Level 13
Drafistord wrote:
I'm having an issue with something as simple as logging into windows 11 after I just put in a new Maximus XIII Hero motherboard. Everything is hooked up flawlessly, but windows wont let me use my PIN to log in so I can install the necessary LAN drivers for internet connection.

Windows defaults to a guest account with no admin privlidges, and when I try to give said account admin rights, it keeps asking for a PIN from my master account. I tried out a USB CD-Rom drive to see if I could use the CD that came with the motherboard to install the drivers from the guest account, but once again it's asking for my PIN from my main account. The Administrator account isnt even an option when trying to select a different account with ctrl+alt+del.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?! I feel like a complete idiot because I've exhausted every single thing I can think of, and I'm trying to avoid having to do a clean install of windows.

Thank you!

I supposed it due to Microsoft licensing issue especially digital licensing/OEM licensing . By changing mother or CPU will result the incensing issue. You need to check with microsoft.

When I change my syetem to Z690, My licensing expired. In the end I need to obtain another new key to activate my windows 11 by purchasing another key through Microsoft.