cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Asus stopped supporting Win 7?

Dave500
Level 7
I ask this because there seems to be sound & chipset drivers being updated for Win 10 but nothing for win 7 ??? I ask because there is no way on this planet that i will put MS spyware on my hardware
Or want to work with the very hideous GUI that both Win 8.1 and 10 offer
4 REPLIES 4

Shakecip
Level 10
Hy Dave I think that asus and other vendors will update drivers for windows 8.1 and 10 because it is a newer os, windows 7 is a very good os but I think that it is the time to move forward thats my personal opinion and I also think that your personal information are safe even if windows 10 has a spyware why do you think that windows 7 hasn't. If you want a certain answer you can contact asus live support and ask them. I think that they can give you a better answer than us.

Shakecip wrote:
Hy Dave I think that asus and other vendors will update drivers for windows 8.1 and 10 because it is a newer os, windows 7 is a very good os but I think that it is the time to move forward thats my personal opinion and I also think that your personal information are safe even if windows 10 has a spyware why do you think that windows 7 hasn't. If you want a certain answer you can contact asus live support and ask them. I think that they can give you a better answer than us.

Not just the data leaks that are built into win10 ,some which can be turned off , but the lack of control over updates from MS they have forgot it is we who admin our machines not them, then there is all the bloat (apps, cortana spyware) and other non Desktop bloat as well as the poor GUI

They offered win 10 free ,or tried to install it on end users machines without consent or their knowledge, why such desperation? MS is a business and they will get their money for win 10

The same way that all those companies who made cheap printers did , with ink cartridge sales providing the profits , i would not be surprised if they via future updates make win 10

Only install/Run products sold via the MS store

And Win 7 SP1 will have MS support until January 14, 2020

Chino
Level 15

Kenrou
Level 8
Dave500 wrote:
Or want to work with the very hideous GUI that both Win 8.1 and 10 offer

Win8.1 is still the best OS from M$, faster and more stable then Win7 and the current Win10, download the free app below and you will have the old desktop back 59073

http://www.classicshell.net/downloads/

http://www.classicshell.net/gallery/
CPU: i7-6700k @4.7ghz
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
GPU: Strix 980ti OC

RAM: 2x 8GB Ripjaws V 3200mhz C14
Motherboard: Maximus VIII Hero

SSD: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
HDD: 1x WD Black 4TB
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold
CASE: Fractal Define R5 Black