cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage V 10th Edition Issue

Batman2021
Level 7
Hello everyone - newbie here. I'm doing my first build from second-hand components. I have found a motherboard I really like but it has one issue and that is due to the previous owner installing a custom loop he removed some of the cooling elements from the board to make room for his water block. I have attached before and after pictures.

So my questions to all you fine peeps are:

1) Should this concern me to the point of not getting the board?
2) Is there somewhere I can get a replacement part (like for like)
3) Is there some bespoke way I can achieve the same cooling effect the original component did?

The guy seems legit and he has made some suggestions but I thought I double-check with you guys and see if there was a consensus.

Thanks, everyone! I really hope someone can help me out here - all advice gratefully received!
10 REPLIES 10

Stanislav__7
Level 9
It is inexpensive to take the same donor fee (they are sold for restoration). Rearrange the missing from the donor.

Stanislav_+7 wrote:
It is inexpensive to take the same donor fee (they are sold for restoration). Rearrange the missing from the donor.

Hi! Thanks for replying! Do you mean buy a faulty board and then replace the missing component? I have tried buy finding a Rampage V 10th Edition is next to impossible! Do you have any other ideas or are there other boards with compatible parts?

Thanks again!

Hi.
I have such a fee (the legs of the socket are bent - I took for the project for myself - circumstances have changed - there is neither time nor desire -)))).

Stanislav_+7 wrote:
Hi.
I have such a fee (the legs of the socket are bent - I took for the project for myself - circumstances have changed - there is neither time nor desire -)))).

Do you mean you have the part and are willing to sell? For how much and from where?

Not part a MB complete))). I'm just sure - and there are enthusiasts in your region - you can just look through the forums. Where, what and how - in personal mail.

Stanislav_+7 wrote:
Not part a MB complete))). I'm just sure - and there are enthusiasts in your region - you can just look through the forums. Where, what and how - in personal mail.

I'm hoping people will give advice on here!

Where are you from? Selling the fee is not a problem. Problem, possibly in forwarding.)))

Stanislav_+7 wrote:
Where are you from? Selling the fee is not a problem. Problem, possibly in forwarding.)))

I'm in England...London!

Good morning))).
Russia. There is a board - recognize the cost and shipping options. If it's worth it, ready to send. We agree on the price))).