cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I pulled the trigger

YogiBear
Level 8
After reading everything I could find out about x99 boards (not to mention all the videos), I finally decided on the R5E.

The x99-e ws was a close second. To be honest, I went with ASUS because of the fan options and the sensors. I have a 360 and a 480 rad, so it's important to me.

I'll be going with an i7 5960x, 32 GB of gskill (2400) memory, 2x EVGA 980 Ti Hydro Copper GPUs and an Intel 750 SSD.
I'll be installing Windows 7 Professional on the SSD (hopefully :rolleyes: ).

I went back and forth between the Rampage and the WS more times then I care to admit. It came down to information available to the ROG owners (this forum for example).

So, a warm hello to all ROG owners and I hope EVGA 980 Tis will work in a ROG board. :cool:
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15
Hello YogiBear,

Welcome to the ROG forums. Feel free to look around. There's a subforum for Build Logs here in case you want to show off your build. 😉

Vlada011
Level 10
No better board than Rampage 5 Extreme on the market for X99.
All advanced users and older IT fans who have chance decide to go on ASUS X99 and at least i7-5820K.
Even people who didn't upgrade platform from 1136 period and old i7-950, Xeons, or 6 cores 980X...
They recognized good chance to get nice platform and 6 cores with 15 cache for almost same price as i7-4790K.
Special if someone do some job from time to time on PC and need advantage of 6 cores, not only games.
Who have money i7-5960X is king. I still can't get over because I missed one in October for 500e.
I planed him to keep on 4.0GHz on R5E.