cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootup Problem

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing some issues of late. My case is a HAF X. The top IO panel was broken so I was replacing the. Before the replacement my computer was booting up fine and everything was normal.

After I replaced the IO panel my computer is refusing to boot now. The Q-Code doesn't go past 9c. I checked the manual and that says it's stuck on the USB detect phase.
I also checked the back of the motherboard. No USB hubs are working except the LAN1_USB3_E910. Every hub above that still has voltage but is refusing to charge my phone. The LAN hub also has voltage and does charge my phone when I plug it in.

I'm running out of ideas on how to fix this...

Does anyone have an idea and can someone please help me further?
I will post more information if it's needed to help the problem...

Have a fine day,

Neo
22 REPLIES 22

Chino
Level 15

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
Yes indeed, I have removed every single USB device from the hubs. I had even disconnected the IO panel completely again from the motherboard. The system still hangs on the 9c Q-Code...

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
Yes I also tried that, clearing the cmos doesn't change anything, even on bios2 it still gets stuck on the USB detecting phase...
I even tried booting it into safe bios mode and it still wouldn't change a thing, it somehow doesn't get past the 9c Q-Code.

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
Hi again, i have an update.
I took the whole motherboard out of the case, the only things attached to it are the memory cards, cpu and the powercables.
I plugged both the 8pin and 4pin cables along with the EZ-plug cable.
But now the system just turns itself off after 2 or 3 seconds of powering on. Like it's short-circuiting.
But i checked all the cables, they are firmly attached and all the led lightd on the board are also lit up, the rog logo has a fading effect too...

Can anyone help me please?

NeoTheKiller wrote:

I took the whole motherboard out of the case, the only things attached to it are the memory cards, cpu and the powercables.

Is motherboard on top of the cardboard box that it came in? Also have you disconnect every cable except for the 24 pin, 8 pin and 4 pin power cables?

Please list your complete system specifications for me as well. 🙂

TheQuickOne
Level 7
Just a guess, but if you had a short, you would probably smell smoke and here a pop noise. It sounds more like there is a break in the circuit if it is something electrical.

NeoTheKiller
Level 7
Could be, but i checked over twenty times at least...

I can't seem to find anything, could you point me in a direction please?

TheQuickOne
Level 7
Unfortunately, that's where my knowledge ends. Sorry.