cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 1 not working HELP ;(

From0toHero
Level 7
After some hassle while installing windows 10, i tryed to force bios 2 .After switching to bios 1 again Somehow the installation while switchting failed. After the Bios number 1 stoped working and giving me 00 error code i switched again to 2 and thank god bios 2 is working. But now bios 1 stoped working at all. I tryed to put the usb stick with the latest bios directly to the mainboard from behind the pc and pressed the connect button, but it only blinks for a second and than stops. Even when i try to flash bios 2 to bios 1 from the ez flash menu the pc shuts down and i have to restart it. Is my bios corrupted and i need a new chip?? Any one able to help me gets 100 Dollar on his pay pal account.
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15
1. Switch back to BIOS 1.
2. Clear your CMOS using the button on the back of the motherboard.
3. Prepare a freshly FAT32 formatted USB pendrive.
4. Download the latest BIOS and extract the BIOS file to the USB pendrive.
5. Rename the file to R5E.CAP.
6. Insert the USB pendrive into the USB 2.0 port that's not beside the PS/2 port.
7. Press the ROG Connect button until a flashing LED appears, then release.
8. The flashing LED will start to blink faster and faster. When it stops blinking, the process is over.
9. Power on your system.

Report back your results.

From0toHero
Level 7
I tryed that. When i insert the usb and press the connect button it only blinks for about 2 seconds and stops. Could it be the bios is totaly corrupted?

Chino
Level 15
You're not doing it correctly.

Was your USB pendrive FAT32 formatted? Was the BIOS file the only file on it? Did you rename the BIOS file correctly?

Chino your the Boss. You just earned 100 Dollars 🙂 give me your pay pal details and end of week i send you the jackpot.

From0toHero
Level 7
Now the flash worked. But i get a 4F code on Boot Up. Windows wont start like this.