cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMDA00 Fix for x99 boards - Unknown Device ACPI\PNP0A0A

maddick
Level 7
So I ran into an issue I've seen posted about across the internet where the AMDA00 device (the temperature sensor) would not properly install but instead show up in the device manager as Unknown Device (hardware id ACPI\PNP0A0A
). I battled with my system for a bit then landed on a solution that worked twice (I ended up needing to re-install my OS). Here is the solution I found.

• Open the folder installed by the Asus driver package under Program Files on your system and locate the atkexComSvc.exe file. It was found under "Program Files\ASUS\AMDA\AXSP" on my system
  • Double-click and execute atkecComSvc.exe or if you have UAC enabled, right-click it and select "Run as administrator".
  • This should generate the file "PEbiosinterface32.dll" in that folder. I would wager this also starts a communication service on your machine.
  • Now go into your device manager and right-click the unknown device and uninstall it.
  • Restart your machine.
  • Magic happens

This solution worked twice for me. I hope it works for others as well. I know how very irritating these issues can be.
15 REPLIES 15

Korth
Level 14
Which X99 mobo, AMD card(s), AMD driver version, and Windows version are you using?

I tried out a pair of AMD 7870XT cards on my X99 R5E for a while (and they're surprisingly strong performers, lol). Never saw this "Unknown Device/AMDA00" error with Catalyst 14.10 and Win7, my GPU temp sensors worked just fine (and my Device Manager seemed happy) without any manual configuration.
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others." - Douglas Adams

[/Korth]

foo_adrian_3
Level 7
Yes is workable. Thanks

Hopper64
Level 15
Korth-I think he's referring to the Asus probe sense driver. It's under utilities in the driver downloads for our board. I don't think this has anything to do with AMD video cards.
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
Korth-I think he's referring to the Asus probe sense driver. It's under utilities in the driver downloads for our board. I don't think this has anything to do with AMD video cards.

Yes. This refers to the temperature sensor.

Korth wrote:
Which X99 mobo, AMD card(s), AMD driver version, and Windows version are you using?

I tried out a pair of AMD 7870XT cards on my X99 R5E for a while (and they're surprisingly strong performers, lol). Never saw this "Unknown Device/AMDA00" error with Catalyst 14.10 and Win7, my GPU temp sensors worked just fine (and my Device Manager seemed happy) without any manual configuration.

Running the following as hardware:
• x99 Deluxe
• two nVidia 970 gtx in sli

foo-adrian-3 wrote:
Yes is workable. Thanks

Glad to hear this fix has help someone else out there.

Chino wrote:
For future reference the AMDA00 driver is on the driver DVD that comes with the motherboard. If I'm not mistaken, you should find it in the \Bin\AMDA00 folder.

The installer, both from the CD and downloaded via Asus site did not provide a fully working sensor for me. In either case I needed to manually kick off the service which in turn generates what I imagine to be a necessary dll file as well. I will note that others have good success turning to their CD though. This might be worth noting if someone is facing issues with this device.

Chino
Level 15
For future reference the AMDA00 driver is on the driver DVD that comes with the motherboard. If I'm not mistaken, you should find it in the \Bin\AMDA00 folder.

francesco_bruno
Level 7
Hello,
I have tried the solution below. The first time I restart the PC I do not get the error of failing to load the device driver, but all following restart the error re-appear and every now and then the log on process gets locked.
Any other idea on how to better fix this problem ?
Thanks in advance

maddick wrote:
So I ran into an issue I've seen posted about across the internet where the AMDA00 device (the temperature sensor) would not properly install but instead show up in the device manager as Unknown Device (hardware id ACPI\PNP0A0A
). I battled with my system for a bit then landed on a solution that worked twice (I ended up needing to re-install my OS). Here is the solution I found.

• Open the folder installed by the Asus driver package under Program Files on your system and locate the atkexComSvc.exe file. It was found under "Program Files\ASUS\AMDA\AXSP" on my system
  • Double-click and execute atkecComSvc.exe or if you have UAC enabled, right-click it and select "Run as administrator".
  • This should generate the file "PEbiosinterface32.dll" in that folder. I would wager this also starts a communication service on your machine.
  • Now go into your device manager and right-click the unknown device and uninstall it.
  • Restart your machine.
  • Magic happens

This solution worked twice for me. I hope it works for others as well. I know how very irritating these issues can be.

francesco.bruno wrote:
Hello,
I have tried the solution below. The first time I restart the PC I do not get the error of failing to load the device driver, but all following restart the error re-appear and every now and then the log on process gets locked.
Any other idea on how to better fix this problem ?
Thanks in advance

I think there's two different issues. The OP is about an issue which doesn't always occur where the device in question is unrecognized and shows up as an unknown device. The second issue is that once the device is recognized, you get an error about the driver failing upon every reboot. You're talking about the second issue.

I've tried like hell to find a solution, but this is the best answer I've managed to find. Summary: It's generally harmless, the driver does load, it just doesn't do so the first time it tries.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48808-Help-Multiple-ACPI-Errors/page17

At this point, I've learned to embrace the error as it has the side benefit of recording at what time I've done a reboot in relation to any other errors that might pop up in the event log.

Qwinn wrote:
I think there's two different issues. The OP is about an issue which doesn't always occur where the device in question is unrecognized and shows up as an unknown device. The second issue is that once the device is recognized, you get an error about the driver failing upon every reboot. You're talking about the second issue.

I've tried like hell to find a solution, but this is the best answer I've managed to find. Summary: It's generally harmless, the driver does load, it just doesn't do so the first time it tries.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48808-Help-Multiple-ACPI-Errors/page17

At this point, I've learned to embrace the error as it has the side benefit of recording at what time I've done a reboot in relation to any other errors that might pop up in the event log.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Oftnen when I get the event :
Source: Kernel-PnP
Event ID: 219
Task Category: (212)
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\PNP0A0A\2&daba3ff&2.

one or two seconds later I have:
Source: Eventlog
Event ID: 6008
Task Category: None
The previous system shutdown at time on date was unexpected.

And when this other correlated event occurs, the boot process gets locked and I am forced to switch off and on my PC. This fact occurs about every other day.

Anyone else experiencing this same problem. Any idea on how to prevent the boot process from locking up.

Thanks a lot in advance

Qwinn
Level 11
They're not really correlated. Go ahead and do a normal restart. You should get the 219 error without the 6008 error.

You WILL see a 219 every time your system crashes and reboots (which is what the 6008 error is telling you happened), because you'll see 219 on every single reboot, crash or otherwise. Something is crashing your system, but it's not the 219 error. We all get the 219 error all the time.