cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TUF506IU Low Volume and Greyed Out Sound Settings

vegarosa69
Level 7
Bought an Asus TUF506IU-ES74 and I just noticed the volume is pretty low and lacking after playing a movie. I went into the sound settings I noticed that there's no "enhancement" tab and I can't change the "default format" sample rate as it's greyed out as well. I have spent all day searching this and did all the normal stuff like updating sound drivers or changing it to the default Windows version, updating Windows and trying different settings like setting the "communications" tab to "do nothing" without success.

I still see those options are greyed out and the volume is pretty low. I played the movie on VLC and it sounded a little better but nothing that would count as a solution. A lot of sites list changing the "enhancement" settings to fix the volume issue on Windows 10 but since I don't have that tab and all the other setting are greyed out, I can't try those. Would a sound program help at all?

Laptop was upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from within the Microsoft Store and I'm making all the changes on the Admin account. Any help would be welcomed and appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You have an ASUS TUF DTS:X Ultra notebook, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF DTSX Ultra NB) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

MoKiChU wrote:
Hi,

You have an ASUS TUF DTS:X Ultra notebook, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS TUF DTSX Ultra NB/DT) from the first post of this thread.

Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process then your INSTALL process, for the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll give it a try.

Well, I tried everything in that thread and the driver did update to the newer version. However, the sound setting are still greyed out and there's no enhancement tab. My solution was to use the custom setting in DTS-X Ultra app and adjust the EQ. Volume is higher and it sounds pretty decent. Not a complete solution, but it works for now.