cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX706HC HDMI output display but no sound to connected device

Brainslushee
Level 7
Hello,
I recently purchased Asus TUF F17 with an 5 and RTX 3050 model FX706HC. I am having issues getting it to play sound through my TV when connected via HDMI. It will display but still use the laptop speakers. I have tried updating all my drivers to no avail. It does not actually register in my sound settings that anything is connected via HDMI as far as I can tell. I have tried enabling and disabling other sound devices and both GPUs and that hasn't changed anything either, although disabling the intel GPU did cause the HDMI display to stop. The image below is with an HDMI plugged in and currently displaying to my TV, which does have the speakers on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

https://i.imgur.com/SlrwUaT.png
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Are you getting all of the drivers (including Nvidia) from the support page for your laptop? Also, when you are browsing the support page make sure to expand each section as sometimes some software is hidden in the collapsed portion.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Are you getting all of the drivers (including Nvidia) from the support page for your laptop? Also, when you are browsing the support page make sure to expand each section as sometimes some software is hidden in the collapsed portion.

I have been getting all my drivers through the MyAsus app that came installed, I check it daily when I use this laptop and it does separate the essential and non-essential drivers but I have been getting them all. At least I believe I have.

xeromist
I would still double check the support page for GPU drivers just in case the MyASUS app has a different version for any reason. It's worth a try.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…