cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fx506 F15 getting really hot

Bigbee1998
Level 7
I just bought this laptop with the 3050 and I5 and playing warzone and world of Warcraft the temps get really high on turbo mode the cpu gets to 95 degrees Celsius and 87 for the gpu is this normal for these or is there anything i can do to help it thanks in advance
4 REPLIES 4

world
The temperatures do seem a little bit on the high side based on a few stress tests I've seen in reviews.

Do you have anything overclocked on the laptop?

Also, is the laptop on a surface that lets the vents move air freely?

world wrote:
The temperatures do seem a little bit on the high side based on a few stress tests I've seen in reviews.

Do you have anything overclocked on the laptop?

Also, is the laptop on a surface that lets the vents move air freely?

yes I have it on a cooling pad that lifts it up and has fans in it and no not overclocked I have it on turbo mode*

xeromist
It's safe for the notebook to get hot because it will automatically throttle as needed. However, runaway thermals can lead to excessive throttling which means sub-optimal performance. If you can find a reviewer benchmark and run that same benchmark on your unit that could tell you if yours is experiencing excessive throttling. Keep in mind that a variety of factors such as ambient temperature and driver updates will mean that your numbers won't be exactly the same but if they are off by more than 10% I would be concerned.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

IR1Ali
Level 7
Bigbee1998 wrote:
I just bought this laptop with the 3050 and I5 and playing warzone and world of Warcraft the temps get really high on turbo mode the cpu gets to 95 degrees Celsius and 87 for the gpu is this normal for these or is there anything i can do to help it thanks in advance

hi. search google for how to set maximum cpu frequency in registry then change it while turbo power plan is active. for me 3300 or 3400 mhz, keeps cpu below 80-85 centigrade in COD Warzone.
also cause we have similar laptop can you help me in my thread?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?128900-Windows-Boot-Selection-Menu-Freezes-in-Asus-2021-TU...
install another os in seperate partition and tell me if windows boot selection menu freezes or not? thank you.