cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF Gaming FX505DU wifi card stops working

Stemmyz
Level 7
Hello everybody, I have an issue with the Wifi card on my laptop (Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC).

It started around June/July 2020 (bought the laptop in March and before that no issues). If the laptop wasn’t on a table or if I was moving it around with me, the wifi would drop and it would be impossible for me to connect back to any wifi without right-clicking on the wifi icon and “solve the problem” (not sure it’s the right term as I’m a French speaker).

As you can imagine it was a bit annoying but still manageable. Then, around September/October this solution stopped working, it would deactivate and reactivate the wifi card, but nothing would happen and it would tell me to use an Ethernet cable. It then got the a point where not doing anything (i.e laptop being on a flat table, not touching it apart from typing) would “make the wifi drop”.

I tried uninstalling the card in the Device Manager then reboot the laptop for the card to reinstall itself and it would sometimes work, but after a while, the card would just not reinstall and disappear from the Manager, so I just started to only use my laptop with an Ethernet cable.

At the end of December, I updated the BIOS as an update became available and it fixed the issue...until a couple of weeks ago when it started dropping again (also had the hard freeze issue which I didn't really fix, but it hasn't been happening since I switched to using Edge).

I contacted ASUS support and followed their instructions to fix the problem (updating the drivers, etc.) but nothing worked and I can’t really afford to send back the laptop as I’m WFH on this laptop and have an important project I’m working on.

Should I just buy a new card and find a place that could replace it for me (not an IT guy at all and would never risk trying to replace it myself), or is there a solution I missed while researching the issue?

Sorry for the long explanation and thank you!
1 REPLY 1

Stemmyz
Level 7
So, is that a "nobody knows what my problem is and how to help me" silence, or is it a "it's been asked 1000 times and should look it up/you didn't respect a forum guideline with your post" silence? 😕