cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Tuf Gaming A15 FA506IU Software/Driver issues

Armanis
Level 7
Hello,
I have been having problems with the system for the past few weeks and I have noted them in a reddit post and I would like to know if this is the case with the laptop being quite new or is there something else that is wrong?

CLICK THIS TO GO TO THE REDDIT POST

Thank you!
23 REPLIES 23

Blake1
Level 10
Hello Armanis,
AURA Creator does not support your model
Which BIOS and Nvidia driver version are you using now? It should have been updated and solved the issue.
For your touchpad issue, please kindly record a video of the issue.
Your finger gesture on the touchpad must be included in the video.
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello Armanis,
AURA Creator does not support your model
Which BIOS and Nvidia driver version are you using now? It should have been updated and solved the issue.
For your touchpad issue, please kindly record a video of the issue.
Your finger gesture on the touchpad must be included in the video.
Thank you.

Hi,
The freezing of the touchpad happens randomly so there is no way for me to provide video proof, sometimes it works for a whole week and then it strikes for few seconds and is gone.

Armanis wrote:
Hi,
The freezing of the touchpad happens randomly so there is no way for me to provide video proof, sometimes it works for a whole week and then it strikes for few seconds and is gone.

This is what happens to me as well.
Something I have noticed: When I am 2-finger scrolling and the cursor starts to not register the full extent of the distance I have scrolled and then just stops responding, I find that if I press the left-click button on the trackpad, the cursor then resumes scrolling normally.

I feel we will be stuck with this erratic, intermittent behavior for some time and a fix will only come if it happens to a lot of us..

theoldfarter
Level 7
Armanis wrote:
Hello,
I have been having problems with the system for the past few weeks and I have noted them in a reddit post and I would like to know if this is the case with the laptop being quite new or is there something else that is wrong?

CLICK THIS TO GO TO THE REDDIT POST

Thank you!

Hi Armanis

In your Reddit post, you say this :
"Touchpad sometimes seems to have "lag spikes" where it stutters with my finger input, however it fixes itself after few seconds..."

I also have this problem. I contacted Support and they sent me a link to download and reinstall the Touchpad driver. That did not fix the problem.
Have you found any fix for the Touchpad?

I have had this A15 for two months and have experienced three complete freezes and the only thing to do is do a Hard Off by holding down the power button.
I do not use this laptop for any type of gaming. The freezes are during browsing the Internet. Have you had any freezing?

theoldfarter wrote:
Hi Armanis

In your Reddit post, you say this :
"Touchpad sometimes seems to have "lag spikes" where it stutters with my finger input, however it fixes itself after few seconds..."

I also have this problem. I contacted Support and they sent me a link to download and reinstall the Touchpad driver. That did not fix the problem.
Have you found any fix for the Touchpad?

I have had this A15 for two months and have experienced three complete freezes and the only thing to do is do a Hard Off by holding down the power button.
I do not use this laptop for any type of gaming. The freezes are during browsing the Internet. Have you had any freezing?

Hi,
Yes I still have the problem with the freezing on the touchpad which happens randomly and when the computer woke up from the sleep state the screen is sometimes black and it seems like a problem with windows 10 services not starting up properly after the sleep state?

However, I have tried hibernate and that works really well as it saves the computers current state to the SSD instead of the RAM like sleep does.

Blake1
Level 10
Hello theoldfarter,
May I know which BIOS version you are using now?
And please kindly record a video of the issue as well.
Thank you.

@BLAKE@ASUS

BIOS is 309

About recording a video. Do you mean when the laptop freezes or when the touchpad pointer lags?

Angstromm
Level 8
I have a TUF A17 FA706IU with random freezing issues that were caused by the latest AMD drivers from the ASUS drivers site. I used the AMD driver delete utility and loaded the previous Graphics/Chipset combined drivers and freezing is gone.

Problem Driver:
AMD Graphics and HDMI Driver
Version V27.20.1020.2002
2020/08/27

Working Driver:
AMD Graphics, Chipset Driver
Version V26.20.14048.2
2020/05/27

I started facing this issue after updating to fa566ih.311 version of BIOS. I have tried every method on the internet but no solution to this problem.

The issue is, the USB 2 x 3.2 ports(the other 1 x 2.0 USB port works just fine) doesn't detect mobile connection through a USB cable for data transfer and tethering but other functionalities are working like Pendrive detection and good speed with that.

The touchpad suddenly stops working/behaves too slow or doesn't respond for a few seconds and corrects itself later on. Doesn't depend on which application I'm using.

Also, there is a degree of flex on the display while closing and opening the LID around the lower edges of the screen.

And I don't know why my GTA V doesn't cross the 30fps mark while playing.

Do others in this BIOS version too have the same issue or is it just me?

Help me with this issue peeps...

Thank you in advance!