cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF Dash F15 FX517ZR (2022) - NVIDIA Resizable BAR (ReBAR) support?

HansHuber1977
Level 7
Hello,

I've got a ASUS TUF Dash F15 Gaming Laptop (Model FX517ZR) from this year with a Core i7 12650H CPU and a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 GPU. Recently I learned about Resizable BAR and it's performance gains of round about 5% - 10% depending on the game. You have to activate it in the UEFI / BIOS settings and according to NVIDIA all RTX 30 cards for desktop and laptops are compatible. Even the TUF Dash F15 from 2021 are supporting it according to ASUS' own product website.

I've updated my FX517ZR to the latest UEFI / VBIOS / Drivers and Windows 11 version, but there simply is no such ReBAR feature available to activate. NVIDIA Control Panel system information also tells me that there is no ReBAR available / active.

So I've already contacted the ASUS Support about it, but I'm wondering what you guys may tell me about it. Is then intentional? Why doesn't ASUS support it on 2022 models when there was support with the ones from 2021?
3 REPLIES 3

olson_canadian
Level 7

I just recently bought the same laptop and was thinking the same thing. Where does one enable ReBAR on this laptop? 

mbushnaq00
Level 10

Did you check if resizable bar is enabled in gpu-z?

Laptop BIOSes are restrictive so it is only up to the manufacturer to enable or disable options

I totally forgot that GPU-Z shows that. Thanks for the reminder. It does say it's enabled, but the nvidia control panel doesn't even mention it at all in the system information. I grabbed the nvidia profile inspector so I could test force enabling per game and see if there actually is any difference.