cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vp32uq endlessly flashing no signal screen (distracting, power waste)

Xmptroubles
Level 9
I'm having an issue with a Vp32uq monitor. When the monitor is turned on with any hdmi or displayport cable plugged into it, it repeatedly flashes the bright blue no signal screen every 5 seconds. It should stay blank, instead of flashing no signal endlessly.

There doesn't need to be any output device on the other end of the cable for this to happen. Just plug any cable into it and it starts flashing the no signal screen. This is very distracting and wastes power.

I've tried this with a number of different cables.

Doesn't happen if there is no cable plugged in.

Again, this is Device Independent. Nothing is plugged into the other end of the cable. Although yes, it does happen if something is plugged in at the other end of the cable as well.

If this can't be resolved I'll have to return the monitor and get a BenQ or something.

Anyone have a similar issue with an Asus monitor? I have a couple Asus monitors and none of them do this.
1 REPLY 1

Martin5
Level 7

I have the same monitor and I've just built a PC with the motherboard ROG Strix z790-f. For the monitor, VP32UQ, I can't get into the menu, brightness or input select. Power off or close, I can only do that. Even when my PC is not connected. With my new PC, I haven't even seen the set up. This is even before I insert windows. I believe nothing is incorrect with my PC but the flashing every 5 seconds is happening when I put my HDMI cable in. If it is dp cable, nothing. Help!!

Cheers