cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus WI-FI disconnects randomly under load

Kurtino
Level 7
Hi,

I have figured out what is wrong with the Wi-fi, but the fix slows down my internet massively.

In the Advanced properties menu for my Wi-fi connection, I have two 802.11 Wireless Mode's, with one choosing between a/b/g 2.4Ghz and 5.0Ghz modes, and one enabling 802.11ac/802.11n or disabling them.

By default this is set to 802.11ac, and if it is enabled I get random disconnects to my Wi-fi while under moderate load/usage, but I get expected internet speeds. I can fix this by disabling 802.11ac, but this caps my internets speeds to 20 mbit/s, down from 200/300.

Does anyone know how to fix this so I can use 802.11ac's speeds without having constant disconnects? I have tried many many different solutions found online to try and fix these Wi-Fi issues, the most obvious being full and complete re-installations of Wi-fi drivers automatically from windows, straight from Asus' driver website, straight from Intel, with no fixes. This is the only thing I've tried that finally works but comes at the cost of a permanently capped internet speed.

I have emailed ASUS about this but have had no response for over half a year now.
0 REPLIES 0