cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus m16 2023 GU604VI does not turn on without me using the AC adapter

Aliwas
Level 7

Just bought my Zephyrus M16 2023 last friday (21-Apr-2023) and after updating all the updates from windows, armoury crate software, MyAsus software, even did a BIOS update. Now when I turn off my laptop and close the screen, whenever I open it and press the power button it won't turn on without me using the AC adapter, is there a way for me to fix this?

9 REPLIES 9

Ovvercome
Level 7

Hey Aliwas, mine is doing the same, even with the past bios, newer bios, all updates. One day the right side USB-C stopped recognizing devices. I pressed the Power button for 30 seconds without the power cord and then it fixed the USB-C. Regarding the original problem, today I was at a cafeteria and the M16 didn't turn on, only after I plugged the power ( AC or USB-C). One day I pressed Turn on button and the ESC key and it turned on. Confusing. Let's hope lots of people report this so Asus can see it!   

The_Watcher
Level 7

Hi Aliwas I'm having the exact same problem! I it arrived on Friday, and I got it opened yesterday and started to do all the new laptop things. I did notice that it didn't power on when it arrived and was fresh out of the box. I just assumed the battery was completely flat, last night I left it on charge after doing a heap of updates and steam downloads.

then this morning, I can't power on with out the Power supply plugged in even with the battery at 100%

Very dissapointing for a laptop that cost this much!!! 

the new laptop things. I did notice that it didn't power on when it arrived and was fresh out of the box. I just assumed the battery was completely flat, last night I left it on charge after doing a heap of updates and steam downloads.

then this morning, I can't power on with out the Power supply plugged in even with the battery at 100%

Very dissapointing for a laptop that cost this much!!! 

Edit 1: System Model is a  M16 GU604VI_GU604VI Windows Pro 11

Edit 2: I just noted that it does recover from standby when its on battery, i.e. plug it in, power it on, use it for a little while, then unplug from power, keep working for a bit, then close the it, come back 30 minutes later and open the lid and it opened and powered on almost instantly.

ChandlerB
Level 7

Same problem here, actually it’s the second laptop in two weeks, the first one out of the box came with BSOD, even reinstalling OS from Asus cloud service didn’t fix, changed for a new one, installed everything, bios updated and I just noticed that the computer doesn’t turn on without the AC adapter, I’ll return once again and stay away from Asus laptops, they have decent products but we can’t say the same for their laptops. 

Watashi69x
Level 7

I’m facing the same issue with my G16. Did you got to know how to fix the problem?

adelrossi061
Level 7

Exact same problem here and mine is just a couple days old. Any fix out there yet?

ThatOtherAndrew
Level 7

Exact same issue here. Keep me updated if there's a fix please!

The_Watcher
Level 7

for me after Bios Update, windows patches this problem went away, I didn't initially notice so I'm not sure that it was the bios or other updates.

Sorry I can't put a pin in it for you, but for me I haven't had the problem since the first week or so

Seems like for me the issue has gone away as well, but in place of it is a new issue - my laptop doesn't turn off when I set it to hibernate, and won't wake either...

Ovvercome
Level 7

Problem solved with Bios 312 through windows update (named firmware), finally. Now I can even hibernate and it will come back to live normally.