cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touchpad randomly stopped working on my GL504GV

GeoGC
Level 8
I noticed today that my mousepad randomly stopped working today since I mostly use my mouse, but I do remember it was working 2 days ago. I never had any issues with the laptop, everything was working normally all those days but today I tried using my mousepad and it wasnt responding at all.

Everything is updated to the latest version, I checked and I have Mousepad enabled both of Armoury Crate and on windows settings>mousepad is enabled. I tried reinstall ATK and touchpad drivers from device managers and still no response.

Anyone else that had this issue?

Those are the latest updates I noticed I done.
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Does it work in the BIOS with no mouse attached? If it doesn't work there either then I'd say it's a hardware issue.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Does it work in the BIOS with no mouse attached? If it doesn't work there either then I'd say it's a hardware issue.

I disabled first and then deleted the drivers on Device manager (Asus Touchpad+ATK package), entered BIOS and it was working perfectly. Then I thought maybe Armoury Crate is causing this issue so I was planning to uninstall it but after quiting BIOS and once I was preparing to uninstall it, I noticed it started working again. So confusing but I am glad it's kinda fixed.

xeromist
If the problem comes back there are a few other things you can check. The Windows touchpad settings page has a checkbox to disable the touchpad when a mouse is connected. I would uncheck that even if you are disconnecting the mouse in case it is not working correctly. There also should be a setting to disable the touchpad when typing. You may want to disable that as well.

Oh, and you could try Fn+F10 a few times to toggle the touchpad if you have not done so. It might be mixed up and turning it off & on might reset the state.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…