cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Scar III G531GW CPU heating up

pusjel
Level 7
Hi Lads,

So I've been having this pc for almost a year now and as much as I've been happy with it I noticed that it started to heat up pretty badly.

CPU usage is ~20% and it can burn up to 80 degrees celcius what is quite surprising for me. I'm not having any loose proceses working in the background, chrome is off etc. While playing World of Warcraft it can burn up to 99 degrees while GPU can stay at stable 75 degrees - and that worries me a bit.

Also, i noticed that one of the fans likes to brum once in a while.

So, can it be caused by dust in the airway? Or should I be worried that the cooling system is dying and it will soon overheat and I'll end up in a situation where I have to buy a new PC?

All answers welcome.

Cheers.
2 REPLIES 2

craig_cabbage
Level 8
pusjel wrote:
Hi Lads,

So I've been having this pc for almost a year now and as much as I've been happy with it I noticed that it started to heat up pretty badly.

CPU usage is ~20% and it can burn up to 80 degrees celcius what is quite surprising for me. I'm not having any loose proceses working in the background, chrome is off etc. While playing World of Warcraft it can burn up to 99 degrees while GPU can stay at stable 75 degrees - and that worries me a bit.

Also, i noticed that one of the fans likes to brum once in a while.

So, can it be caused by dust in the airway? Or should I be worried that the cooling system is dying and it will soon overheat and I'll end up in a situation where I have to buy a new PC?

All answers welcome.

Cheers.

I think there's a definite problem with the CPU overheating. At first I thought things were normal, as my old laptop before My G712LWS, also frequently got up to 95C. But everyone here pointing out the heating issue has made me more cognizant of it happening, and I've noticed that the one game that seems to keep coolest when playing, is RDR2, which I'd think would be one of the more demanding games, but it can maintain temps below 85C. Any FPS I play though is gonna push it to 95+ though.

I make this, result its 69* cpu 73*gpu warzone on max settings, before cpu reach 92* gpu 86* i thin asus need think some more good cooling system