Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix Scar 15 G533ZW heat issue

Daniel_Shaw
Level 10
Hi All

*Correction model is G533ZW*

Had the 2022 rog strix scar 15 i9/3070 ti machine now about 3 weeks.

Right out the box its thermal throttling on games, not even new ones, starcraft 2, company of heroes 2 etc.

I have tried fan profile on turbo, however hwinfo64 still reports cpu temps of 102c and throttling. When it throttles micro stuttering occurs as its lowering clock speeds.

Is this normal for this machine ? If not is it possible to have had a bad application of liquid metal out of the factory ?

For a machine that cost me £2300 this behaviour seems a bit bad.

I have also opened a support ticket re this issue to see what support have to say.

Please advise..

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Haitwo
Level 7
Daniel Shaw wrote:
I have also opened a support ticket re this issue to see what support have to say.

Hello. Did you get any results? I want to buy the same laptop and am worried about throttling issues.

Haitwo wrote:
Hello. Did you get any results? I want to buy the same laptop and am worried about throttling issues.

I have the exact same model. I would recommend you to stay away from this series, because it has thermal throttling and there are stutters due to storport.sys latency.

Cojokek wrote:
I have the exact same model. I would recommend you to stay away from this series, because it has thermal throttling and there are stutters due to storport.sys latency.

Thanks for this.
I found some info that the latest bios update (bios version is 313, but laptop model is G533ZX-LN087W) fixes throttling problems. Did you try it?

Haitwo wrote:
Thanks for this.
I found some info that the latest bios update (bios version is 313, but laptop model is G533ZX-LN087W) fixes throttling problems. Did you try it?

It is still here

FuzzyReus
Level 7

I'm facing similar issue. Under load the CPU reaches 99 degrees. Which in my opinion is a bit too high considering liquid metal. It's happening from the beginnig. Anyone else is facing that issue? Is it normal? Or should I be worry?