cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix GL 703GS SCAR Edition Updated drivers, black screen, no solution...

NaoNyt
Level 7
Dear Asus representative,
For the past 10 years of my life, I have been saving up for a computer, to play games, do my schoolwork…. A couple years back, I finally managed to save up for your rog Strix GL 703GS SCAR Edition laptop, which worked amazing for the past 2 years.
2 days ago, a Nvidia update showed up so I updated the graphic card divers. After 10 minutes, the computer crashed and I could not turn the screen on anymore. I already contacted Nvidia, and tried everything they suggested- turning on safe mode, accessing BIOS, trying to connect to another screen exc. Since nothing worked, they suggested I contact you.
I have a lot of school files, and important information on that computer, and since I became a college student this year, and can not afford to buy another computer, next to all the other expenses college comes with, I would kindly ask if you could help me solve this problem.

After a day they anwserd me with following steps:
reset bios, shut down computer and turn it back on, ... all the solutions that should work but didnt.
My whole computer fried just because i updated my laptop.. At the repair service they said that because the graphic card is integrated the repair would cost more than a new laptop.

So in 2 years i lost my laptop and everything on it and it wasnt even my fault.
The only solution that Asus offerd was to link me the repair service in my country.

Good job Asus....
Best regards,
Nejc Ošt
2 REPLIES 2

marko22
Level 8
Hi.
I have an identical laptop. Do you not have access to it completely? Is the screen not working? Can you access the bios though? The data has not been lost. You can move the drive to another computer.

Blake1
Level 10
Hi NaoNyt,
Sorry I'm really confused from your description.
So the laptop is still working? just the screen can not turn on ? you connected an external monitor to do the troubleshooting like safe mode, reset BIOS and so on?
May I know which Nvidia update exactly? are you able to remove that update?
Thank you.