cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Strix G17 G712LU Touchpad Mixing Up Gestures

dandumitru
Level 7
Touchpad problems. I encountered some problems with the thouchpad mixing up gestures like from mixing up a simple move of the cursor transforming in a selection gesture.
Another behaviour is that when performin 2 fingers gesture for scrolling up or down and the fingers will be placed on the touchpad inner edge, nearby markel edges, this will not be recognized after second scroll attempt on the page.
Did any of you encounter such problems?
Windows had been installed 3 times from scratch, after formating the partition, drivers used ware taken only from asus website or from MyAsus app.
Any issues for anyone?
6 REPLIES 6

Blake1
Level 10
Hello dandumitru,
May I know your BIOS version?
and may you record a video of the finger gesture and the reaction on the screen?
Thank you.

Blake@ASUS wrote:
Hello dandumitru,
May I know your BIOS version?
and may you record a video of the finger gesture and the reaction on the screen?
Thank you.

thanks for reply and interest.
I'll do my best to record it when will appear again this issue.
Until than laptop was in service and they tested it but no fault was found from hardware side, it seems, an drivers ware installed again.
I am not shore that matter is solved and I'll do my best to make that recording.
Hopefully I'll catch it as is doing this things randomly.
Thanks again for interest.

PS: I forgot abt bios version. It is 310.

dandumitru wrote:
thanks for reply and interest.
I'll do my best to record it when will appear again this issue.
Until than laptop was in service and they tested it but no fault was found from hardware side, it seems, an drivers ware installed again.
I am not shore that matter is solved and I'll do my best to make that recording.
Hopefully I'll catch it as is doing this things randomly.
Thanks again for interest.

PS: I forgot abt bios version. It is 310.

I managed to make the video recording but I can't upload it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SJezGUON_vwZFUdVogSKCEtbkkXkxgW6/view?usp=sharing

Blake1
Level 10
Hello dandumitru,
Please kindly grant the video access to me.
Thank you very much.

Blake@ROG wrote:
Hello dandumitru,
Please kindly grant the video access to me.
Thank you very much.

Did U get it?

My Asus rog Strix g15 have an issue with the touchpad mixing gestures .. this issue occurs with all people I know in Egypt having that model .. so please don't ask me to record the issue .. because it already exists in many laptops of the same model .. and provide me the solution .. thanks in advance