cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Rog Scar 2 need help all games stutter and lag

kyrunner2
Level 7
Hello just received my new rog Scar 2 laptop. Al games lag and stutter.

I have updated windows 10 to the 1803 also Updated Nvida Gforce and downloaded the latest drivers from gforce now.

I have the 15 inch with I7 16 GB or ram and the 1070 Nvida card with 8 GB of ram

My current driver version is 416.34
4 REPLIES 4

done93
Level 7
My scar 2 lag and drop frame when is not on a flat surface.

There is another guy in this forum with the same issue

It's realy weird tho

Maybe is your case too

done93 wrote:
My scar 2 lag and drop frame when is not on a flat surface.

There is another guy in this forum with the same issue

It's realy weird tho

Maybe is your case too

Same issue as mine: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105890-Strix-Scar-II-Cooling-Pad-Causes-FPS-Drop-Terribly

Having similar issues with the hero 2 , my gpu don't downclock but the overall gpu usage for most games be less than 80% causing low fps, even low requirement games like fifa i am not able to utilize 144hz screen because the the GPU for push harder to get the higher FPS.
Thing is sometimes (like 2/10 days) it would work well with nice fps and no issues but rest of time it gives low fps in most titles.

deksman2
Level 8
I suggest you try undervolting the CPU and GPU.
Usually, NV locks the voltages and clocks, so its almost impossible to undervolt the GPU without dropping the clocks... but I could be wrong.

If the GPU and CPU are throttling, that might be the problem.
But what also could be causing the problem is that you're trying to run too demanding games for your hardware.
What kind of specs do you have and which games are you running at what settings (have you tried reducing the quality of the settings from say 'ultra' to 'high' instead ? You would not really notice any difference in visual quality).