New GL503ge laptop with New problem

Sid007
Level 7
Hey Everyone, new rog gamer here. I got new GL503ge RS71

i7 8750H
8GB ram ddr4
1TB SSHD
nvidia 1050ti 4gb

. Good machine but encountering few problems . if anyone could hlp that be great.

1) Battery Backup - Way too low, On regular browsing stuff battery goes down from 70 to 10 percent in just half an hour.
2) Gaming Lag - Every game so far is lagging, even pes2017 is lagging, and is running at 40 fps. Also i tried walking dead, even at some loading parts it's slutering. dunno why ?
3) Coil whine problem - I have heard of that one a lot but i figured out a solution at it's really low now.
4) Performance - For a laptop that's 1350$ , that's not worth it, i can still see a lot of slowing down in regular windows use.

So these are some of the main problems that's been going on, if someone can help me with it that'd be great.
1 REPLY 1

kmkmkmkmkmkm
Level 8
the problem lies within the gpu. its constantly changing to power saving mode, causing some performance issues, even when ingame. its like this stupid laptop doesnt even know we're running a game. you can check it on ROG gaming center. just alt+tab whenever the low fps happens
thats what caused the low fps.. let me guess, your fps was suddenly cut in half 5-10 minutes into the game right?

still hoping someone will find the fix, otherwise I'll refund this piece of cr- laptop

inb4 "plugged your laptop". here's what I tried and doenst fix a thing
-setting max performance on battery
-setting max performance on nvidia cp
-disable battery saving option in nvidia geforce
-reinstall clean my drivers
-factory reset the whole thing