cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing items? G713QR

Triton_se
Level 8
I did a clean Windows 10 install Aug 18th (deleted all partitions on the shipped NVMe), these items were on my laptop before install:

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.1.6.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.16.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.06
Armoury Crate service 4.1.5
ASUS Aac_GmAcc HAL 1.0.0.0
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.1.0
ASUS Keyboard HAL 1.01.48
ASUS MB Peripheral Products 1.0.35
ASUS Mouse HAL 1.1.0.45
AacAudioHal 1.3.26.0
AacDisplay 1.2.12
----------------------
2021-08-17

Below is what I have today, are all missing items vital and how do I get them?

Item Version
---- -------
Armoury Crate UWP App 4.2.5.0
ROG Live Service 1.2.18.0
AURA Service (Lighting Service) 3.05.18
Armoury Crate service 4.2.8
ASUS Aac_NBDT HAL 2.5.3.0
----------------------
2021-09-05

I have external plain USB keyboard, external monitor (USB-C PD 1.4 cable), plain mouse, nothing Aura/Asus, gear is in specs.
Problems came with latest Armoury Crate 4.2.5.0, Manual Mode popup doesn't appear unless I reboot and it comes VERY quickly, right after I enter desktop. When that happens and I go watch fan speeds, they suddenly stop spinning. I select a new fan profile and apply and it works again. ArmourySwAgent is visible if I Alt-Tab.
GameVisual does popup, but why really? I am using external monitor, doesn't make any sense since I can't enter there anyway.
I never use laptop out of home and I charge it to ~80%, set it to back to 60% in MyAsus so it drains slowly and not let it micro charge all the time.
Couple of days ago I had a blue screen when I wanted to reboot and see if Mode does popup, some info:

Internal Power Error
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

* I reinstalled Windows 10 after laptop had been to ASUS Sweden repair (CPU fan abuse 😄 Don't let fans go 100% all the time, now I use 85% mostly) and they installed Windows 10 as I have heard they always do, when I got it back it was 70GB already, 45GB is what I would accept. After a week/10 days it grew to 95-98GB. I had to uninstall Office in all Scandinavian languages, took ~40 minutes. Today I have 68GB after 2 weeks. They also reported battery was faulty, replaced that too.
5 REPLIES 5

just20sent
Level 7
Hey i did a fresh install too and i'm missing items, i tried to dowload utilities from the support pages but nothing change, how did you solved it ?

just20sent wrote:
Hey i did a fresh install too and i'm missing items, i tried to dowload utilities from the support pages but nothing change, how did you solved it ?

Hi, I haven't solved anything, I thought someone knew what file(s) to download and install. I'd hate to install older versions than whats already installed.

Triton.se wrote:
Hi, I haven't solved anything, I thought someone knew what file(s) to download and install. I'd hate to install older versions than whats already installed.

I wouldn't worry about that too much. Generally the drivers provided on the ASUS website work pretty well. Even if there is a newer driver elsewhere there's a chance it might be less stable since ASUS hasn't tested it. The only time I might prefer unvalidated drivers is A) graphics drivers that change faster than ASUS can test them or B) if you are having a problem with a specific driver ASUS provides. While people have had driver issues on some occasions you should always start with the one provided on the support page before looking elsewhere.

The ASUS *software* is really only available from the product support page. You might find versions uploaded elsewhere but unless you know what you are doing I wouldn't download random versions and install them.

Anyway, the factory image is going to have drivers and software that are at least as old if not older than what is provided on the website, so downloading those should meet your expectations.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist
Make sure you click the link to expand the categories on the support page. For whatever reason they are collapsed by default and you'd think it was just hiding other versions of the same installer but there are actually additional unique drivers/software if you expand the categories.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

BigJohnny
Level 13
Thats why you don't delete all the partitions and do clean installs on laptops. If it gets funky you can do a reset. Yeah they come with some bloatware that takes 5 minutes to get rid of. If you want to change NVMes its better to clone the one you have from the factory. I have several ASUS laptops in the house and every one of them I replace the NVMe that comes in them right after I run all the updates. I just clone that drive to the new drive and put the one that came with it in a drawer for two reasons. Firstly if I need to send it off for repair they wont touch anything that has non OEM parts in it and I dont have to worry about any data on the drive as its just the way it came with the updates done. Secondly If I ever run into a jam and lose my original Image, its on the OEM drive that sits in the package the replacement drive came in with a label on it for which laptop it came out of.

Your best bet is to find someone who has the same laptop. There is a folder called eSupport in C:\ that has all the stuff you are missing that is not on the support pages of any of the laptops. Dont know why but thats the way it is and has been since the first ASUS laptop I bought, a G74SX up to the most recent SCAR I bought for my daughter. They are all still running on the original image although the G74SX came with win 7 and it got the free upgrade, other than that everything is still on it. Its a back up these days but still works. The one I use is a G752VY and the wifey inherited the G751JY, Only when traveling though as most of the time Im on a desktop that there is no laptop that cant touch it, not many other desktops actually. If I want to travel lite and don't need the power I have a M$ Surface pro for that. Nowhere near the weight and does everything I need for docs, browsing and streaming moves etc. Just sucks for anything that needs the GPU power but the CPU is just as good. Only downside is they cost through the nose for a nice one (like around the same as a top of the line ROG) but I get an educational discount.