cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing new SSD and doing fresh install of win10

barney83
Level 7
I owned a gl502vm and it has a 128gb m.2 ssd in it. Now i got my hand on a new 1T m.2 ssd, i want to use this new 1T m.2 ssd. I am willing to reinstall a fresh win10 on the new SSD. Now i got some questions

1) When i install a fresh new windows 10 OS, will the new windows automatically detect the cd-key that came with the laptop? I tried looking at the box and found no manual or cd key in it
2) When i do the fresh install, is there a more simple way to install all the ROG drivers for my laptop?
3) Will i get the default ROG settings when i install new win10 OS?

Hopefully you guys can help me. THanks.
1 REPLY 1

FastM
Level 8
barney83 wrote:
I owned a gl502vm and it has a 128gb m.2 ssd in it. Now i got my hand on a new 1T m.2 ssd, i want to use this new 1T m.2 ssd. I am willing to reinstall a fresh win10 on the new SSD. Now i got some questions

1) When i install a fresh new windows 10 OS, will the new windows automatically detect the cd-key that came with the laptop? I tried looking at the box and found no manual or cd key in it
2) When i do the fresh install, is there a more simple way to install all the ROG drivers for my laptop?
3) Will i get the default ROG settings when i install new win10 OS?

Hopefully you guys can help me. THanks.

1. Win10 "keys" are automatic now, your laptop's hardware ID is registered with Microsoft and will automatically activate once connected to the internet after a fresh install.

2. Simple way is to backup the C:\eSupport folder currently on your factory image. make sure to back up that folder. There is a installwiz that will run through every needed driver even rebooting the laptop when required, Literally a 1 click setup...

3. What "settings" are you referring to?