cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear cache / reset Sonic Studio 3 or ArmouryCrate?

Vulusius
Level 7
I own a ASUS ROG STRIX G531GU. 2 days ago, I noticed that my sound was lower than it used to be. (I usually have my volume on 20-25% and I am happy with it, now for the same sound volume I have to be at 32 - 45%. The testing has been done with the same audio with the same dB).

After some changes and tweaks I found out that any settings I apply on Sonic Studio 3 suddenly do nothing (What a surprise), except from the Volume slider.

I even reinstalled Sonic Studio 3 but with no luck. So my guess is that somehow the app cache is stuck and thus why the changes in settings do not appear.

If you have any idea on how to clear cache or somehow "reset" the whole thing I would be grateful. Also if you have any idea what's happening let me know what you propose and I will send you feedback.
1 REPLY 1

MoKiChU
Level 40
Hi,

You have an ASUS ROG SS3 notebook Gen1, so :

You need Realtek Audio Drivers (UAD - ASUS ROG SS3 NB Gen1) from the first post of this thread : [DRIVERS] Realtek Audio (NB | Intel 2xx/3xx/4xx/5xx/6xx & AMD Ryzen Mobile).

- Follow scrupulously your CLEANUP process
- Use this SS3 Cleaner tool (Right click on "A-Volute_SS3_Cleanup.exe" > Run as administrator) then restart your PC
- Follow scrupulously your INSTALL process

For the next drivers packages that I would release, you will can directly follow your UPDATE process.