cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL753VE, 5minute shutdown, restart or sleep. Freezes and wont turn on, 20secHardReset

Tomislav96
Level 7
I bought a new GL753VE, no ssd, 8gb ram. Worked fine for a week, then when i was reinstalling windows, the installation froze when the laptop was doing a restart for the installation. This is when the problem begone. After many tries, shutdowns with 4sec Poweroff the installation was successful but the laptop cant shutdown, restart or sleep, I have to 4 Sec Power off to shut it down. a Couple of times after i shut it down like this, the next power up it gets stuck with nothing displaying and only the white led light on, here 4 sec power off would not help, only hard reset with 20sec power off.
It has bios ver 204. I went to the seller and they acknowledged the problem, they even noticed that the notebook is slower in everyday task's on a clean Windows 10 installations, they couldn't take it to repairs as other place is certified repair service and told me to go there, the guy suggested that the bios somehow got confused and needed a reset.
What i tryed on my own is a few different Windows 10 installations, different drivers, turning on and off Safe boot, Fast boot and those things in bout Windows and Bios. The problem remains.
If i try to install windows, again, cleanly with hdd formated. It will get stuck on purple screen after all the %, here i have to manualy shut it down by pressing 4 seconds power off button and turn it on. ( and this is where sometimes the whole notebook freezes with only white led bulb lightning and not reacting on any presses, only on 20 second hard reset.)
Im gona take it to the repair service tommorow. Any suggestions before i go there?
1 REPLY 1

StormzWarrior
Level 7
Tomislav96 wrote:
I bought a new GL753VE, no ssd, 8gb ram. Worked fine for a week, then when i was reinstalling windows, the installation froze when the laptop was doing a restart for the installation. This is when the problem begone. After many tries, shutdowns with 4sec Poweroff the installation was successful but the laptop cant shutdown, restart or sleep, I have to 4 Sec Power off to shut it down. a Couple of times after i shut it down like this, the next power up it gets stuck with nothing displaying and only the white led light on, here 4 sec power off would not help, only hard reset with 20sec power off.
It has bios ver 204. I went to the seller and they acknowledged the problem, they even noticed that the notebook is slower in everyday task's on a clean Windows 10 installations, they couldn't take it to repairs as other place is certified repair service and told me to go there, the guy suggested that the bios somehow got confused and needed a reset.
What i tryed on my own is a few different Windows 10 installations, different drivers, turning on and off Safe boot, Fast boot and those things in bout Windows and Bios. The problem remains.
If i try to install windows, again, cleanly with hdd formated. It will get stuck on purple screen after all the %, here i have to manualy shut it down by pressing 4 seconds power off button and turn it on. ( and this is where sometimes the whole notebook freezes with only white led bulb lightning and not reacting on any presses, only on 20 second hard reset.)
Im gona take it to the repair service tommorow. Any suggestions before i go there?

I'm having the same exact problem with my new ASUS ROG STRIX GL753VE.