cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL753VD popping/crackling sound

Taker
Level 7
Hello everyone, I would like to know if anybody else has the popping sound issue with this notebook: loud crackling/popping just before playing any kind of sound (Youtube videos, mp3 player, paused movies, program notifications) and right after this the sound begins to play normal. It's present on the system speakers and on the headphones too. On the headphones it's loud, very annoying, even when volume is turned down. If somebody else has this issue: what have you tried? I have latest BIOS (302), latest drivers from ASUS site, sound settings to default. After stopping a sound (for example pausing a Youtube video) there is that "normal" hissing sound from the speakers but after exactly 25 seconds that sound stops, I think the speakers power down or even the soundcard. So I set Power management settings to max performance, but did not help. I installed sound card drivers directly from Realtek site, did not help. Also disabled Intel display audio and Nvidia Virtual audio device, then deleted their drivers, but I don't think they interfere. I think this problem has to be present on other notebooks as well.
9 REPLIES 9

xerohunterz
Level 7
Taker wrote:
Hello everyone, I would like to know if anybody else has the popping sound issue with this notebook: loud crackling/popping just before playing any kind of sound (Youtube videos, mp3 player, paused movies, program notifications) and right after this the sound begins to play normal. It's present on the system speakers and on the headphones too. On the headphones it's loud, very annoying, even when volume is turned down. If somebody else has this issue: what have you tried? I have latest BIOS (302), latest drivers from ASUS site, sound settings to default. After stopping a sound (for example pausing a Youtube video) there is that "normal" hissing sound from the speakers but after exactly 25 seconds that sound stops, I think the speakers power down or even the soundcard. So I set Power management settings to max performance, but did not help. I installed sound card drivers directly from Realtek site, did not help. Also disabled Intel display audio and Nvidia Virtual audio device, then deleted their drivers, but I don't think they interfere. I think this problem has to be present on other notebooks as well.

Hey, I have a GL553VD. I have the same popping sound as you. It only happens in Google Chrome though. I've tested on Microsoft Edge and there wasnt any loud popping sound.

wsnwi
Level 7
This is my problem. Are you talking about the same thing? It's crackling at movies and the damn windows sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R8YcGtGyqQ&feature=share

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Falcon2_ROG
Customer Service Agent
wsnwi wrote:
This is my problem. Are you talking about the same thing? It's crackling at movies and the damn windows sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R8YcGtGyqQ&feature=share

Hi,
Have you re-installed the audio driver and the problem still the same?
I would like to suggest you to re-install the audio driver which is in C:\esupport and test again.

wsnwi
Level 7
Hey. Yeah i already tried that. I sent it to the support. Hopefully they can find the error.

Taker
Level 7
Hello wsnwi, no, that's not how mine sounds. Did they solve it?

the problem is from realtek power saving.. i was having the same
to solve it open (regedit) then go to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\PowerMgnt)

for (Enabled) give it the value =0

and for (Delaytime) give it any value i did give it =200

save and restart

thebiggboss180 wrote:
the problem is from realtek power saving.. i was having the same
to solve it open (regedit) then go to (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\PowerMgnt)

for (Enabled) give it the value =0

and for (Delaytime) give it any value i did give it =200

save and restart

Thank you man, this solved the popping sound issue ! That was really annoying. Thanks again

your welcome

this problem happens everytime you reinstall the realtek drivers so u have to do this after installing the drivers..

THANK YOU
thank you so much. i was so worried about this popping sound and scared about my ears

i couldnt explain this as well as Taker did.
thank you Taker

as especially thank you thebiggboss180 for an accurate answer!
solved my problem too!
thebiggboss180 u rock!

just changed the enable 1 to 0 and worked!