cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752VW Graphics stutter or hiccup during game play

tcmll24
Level 7
I have been a diehard Asus fan. I have purchased a lot of Asus laptops and a monitor over the years. This last laptop I bought in December of 2016 is very disappointing. I play Everquest 2 online so when I started playing this game I started having diagonal line issues. I turned vertical sync off and it eliminated the line but it started causing one second random freezes. It is like a stutter or hiccup. This laptop graphics is overkill for this old game but it plays like it doesn't meet the requirements. I have contacted tech support but to no prevail can they get it to work correctly. I put in a bigger solid state drive and 32gb ram and it still runs like crap. I think my days of owning Asus are over. Time to move on to a better quality company. 😞
6 REPLIES 6

Bill
Level 7
Hello tcmll24
How about drivers? Which version are you currently using?
Any other applications running in the background at the time?
Does any other games suffer similar issue?
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello tcmll24
How about drivers? Which version are you currently using? Any other applications running in the background at the time? Does any other games suffer similar issue?
Thank you

Norton Antivirus
Only play one game EQ2. My older Asus laptop performs circles around this laptop. Huge disappointment.
I will not be buying anymore Asus hence forth.

You should revert to 378.92, or, since you do not play ME: Andromeda, to an even earlier version: 378.78/378.66/378.49 (take your pick). While (because?!) all these drivers do not support Windows 10 CU, they also do not introduce a regularly occurring 'massive frameskip (20+)' type of lag in any game. At least from your description, it would seem you are experiencing the frameskip issue.

Regarding Win10CU/WDDM 2.2 and mobile lineup of GeForce 10 series cards, there are no plans (ASUS or NVIDIA) to fix this issue in the foreseeable future.

P.S. If you were to do a broader search, you will find that Dell, HP and any other laptops with GF 10 mobile series are affected.
He who invokes history is always secure.
The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
Their reply will always be silence.

Sheltem wrote:
You should revert to 378.92, or, since you do not play ME: Andromeda, to an even earlier version: 378.78/378.66/378.49 (take your pick). While (because?!) all these drivers do not support Windows 10 CU, they also do not introduce a regularly occurring 'massive frameskip (20+)' type of lag in any game. At least from your description, it would seem you are experiencing the frameskip issue.

Regarding Win10CU/WDDM 2.2 and mobile lineup of GeForce 10 series cards, there are no plans (ASUS or NVIDIA) to fix this issue in the foreseeable future.

P.S. If you were to do a broader search, you will find that Dell, HP and any other laptops with GF 10 mobile series are affected.

Will definitely give it a try. Thank you =D

I uninstall the latest Nvidia drivers and did a Gurud3D video driver cleaner to make sure once I revert it will be fresh. I revert to 378.92 and selected custom to again do a clean installation inside driver update. Once I start playing it is smooth then occasionally I get random freezes some one second some a few seconds. It is like it wants to crash. This pc since last xmas has had this issue. I have tried EVERYTHING. I even upgraded memory to 32gb put in a solid state faster drive. I have tried drivers etc. There is just something wrong with video. Maybe the intergraded NVidia/Intel. This laptop should run games with NO problem, but it runs like a Walmart $200 laptop.

Yes, that sounds like something specific to your configuration. Perhaps Bill or someone else @ASUS will be able to pinpoint this.
He who invokes history is always secure.
The dead will not rise to witness against him.

You can accuse them of any deeds you like.
Their reply will always be silence.