cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752 - White noise in the background while using headphones

salchipapa
Level 7
Hello, I recently bought a GL752 and I noticed that every time a sound starts a white noise appears in the background.

I have a fresh installation of windows 10 with the latest drivers provided by Asus and I haven't found a solution to this issue.

I would like to mention that this has to be an issue with Conexant drivers for windows 10, because when I booted to an Ubuntu liveCD the audio played just fine and no white noise was coming through the headphones. Interestingly the noise comes when playing audio from both the jack and bluetooth, it does not matter.

Anyone else has this issue?.

EDIT: actually I found that the noise still is present when running a linux distro, so I discard a driver related issue. If it seems that I'm the only one with this problem then I'll RMA the unit.
2 REPLIES 2

RobertT
Level 7
salchipapa wrote:
Hello, I recently bought a GL752 and I noticed that every time a sound starts a white noise appears in the background.

I have a fresh installation of windows 10 with the latest drivers provided by Asus and I haven't found a solution to this issue.

I would like to mention that this has to be an issue with Conexant drivers for windows 10, because when I booted to an Ubuntu liveCD the audio played just fine and no white noise was coming through the headphones. Interestingly the noise comes when playing audio from both the jack and bluetooth, it does not matter.

Maybe try to reinstall the conexant drivers or go to Device Manager -> Sound -> Conexant smart audio (right click it) and press update driver and let windows look it up the web. Hopefully it should work.

fon60
Level 7
salchipapa wrote:

EDIT: actually I found that the noise still is present when running a linux distro, so I discard a driver related issue. If it seems that I'm the only one with this problem then I'll RMA the unit.

I have G752VL model and invert problem. On Windows 10 sound is correct, but under any other system there is white noise. But only when I'm boot directly to this system. I mean when I boot Win 10 and reboot to Ubuntu then sound is fine under Ubuntu as well. The white noise starts only after direct boot into any Linux (tested with Ubuntu 16.04, 17.04, Arch, Knopix). I dont have any Win7 nor 8.* to test other Windows distros. Any one can help?