cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL703GS BIOS update 307

SlainE
Level 7
Hi. Today came out BIOS update for GL703GS ver 307.
I couldn't find any info about it. One thing is finally fixed..... TOUCHPAD !!!
No more stuttering etc … works like a dream.
Finally ASUS.
Now, please FIX INVERSE GHOSTING !!!!!!!
9 REPLIES 9

subhomoymukherj
Level 8
Hey,

Does your screen flicker when the display starts up? Just for few seconds maybe like 30 to 45 secs? I dont know if it has something to do with any software starting. Have any idea?

Regards.

subhomoymukherjee wrote:
Hey,

Does your screen flicker when the display starts up? Just for few seconds maybe like 30 to 45 secs? I dont know if it has something to do with any software starting. Have any idea?

Regards.

No never; but all AUO B173HAN03.2 [AUO329D] (GL703GS) suffer inverse ghosting (unnoticed by superficial players used to play war FPS with heavy blurring when moving mouselook). More infos here: https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?107902-GL-Series-(-more)-display-panels-affected-by-invers...

Try to exclude software conflicts: does the same when booting in Safe Mode?

I think BIOS 307 finally fixed also compatiblity with ASUS Battery Health Charging 1.0.0.7 (UWP format, old 1.0.0.4 desktop had no issues): now battery IS NOT charged when PC is off.
--
ASUS ROG Strix GL703GS, GTX 1070 8GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1080 144Hz G-Sync laptop screen, external monitor UWQHD 3440x1440 Mi Monitor, NVMe 4x, 8BitDo Arcade Stick, EasySMX X10 controller, ROG Strix Carry mouse

Exhibou
Level 7
SlainE wrote:
Hi. Today came out BIOS update for GL703GS ver 307.
I couldn't find any info about it. One thing is finally fixed..... TOUCHPAD !!!
No more stuttering etc … works like a dream.
Finally ASUS.
Now, please FIX INVERSE GHOSTING !!!!!!!

BIOS update is installed but my touchpad is still stuttering a lot. Which driver version do you use?

Exhibou wrote:
BIOS update is installed but my touchpad is still stuttering a lot. Which driver version do you use?

My touchpad stuttering a lot again. It was only placebo effect I think.

SlainE wrote:
My touchpad stuttering a lot again. It was only placebo effect I think.

Yeah I'm not alone ... 😄

The worst thing is ... Asus can't help. This notebook was my last asus notebook.

Exhibou wrote:
Yeah I'm not alone ... 😄

The worst thing is ... Asus can't help. This notebook was my last asus notebook.

It is my first and the last. if ASUS won't fix all of the problems with this TOP of the line laptops ... It is so strange. The touchpad works perfectly fine in the BIOS , no stutter , 100% precision. It must be a software problem .
I hope that ASUS will wake up one day and give us proper drivers for this laptop, for both … DISPLAY PANEL and TOUCHPAD.
C'mon ASUS !

SlainE wrote:
It is my first and the last. if ASUS won't fix all of the problems with this TOP of the line laptops ... It is so strange. The touchpad works perfectly fine in the BIOS , no stutter , 100% precision. It must be a software problem .
I hope that ASUS will wake up one day and give us proper drivers for this laptop, for both … DISPLAY PANEL and TOUCHPAD.
C'mon ASUS !

Yes ... Are you happy with the sound by the way? My left speaker sounds very bad (vibration noise - case or keyboard, i don't know) . Touchpad is 100% driver problem but the sound is a hardware problem and my laptop need to be replaced or repaired i think.

Exhibou wrote:
Yes ... Are you happy with the sound by the way? My left speaker sounds very bad (vibration noise - case or keyboard, i don't know) . Touchpad is 100% driver problem but the sound is a hardware problem and my laptop need to be replaced or repaired i think.

yep… the same problem with the sound. It's a problem with the case. If you press it in the left corner the noise will disappear.

SlainE wrote:
yep… the same problem with the sound. It's a problem with the case. If you press it in the left corner the noise will disappear.

I hope they can fix it ... Otherwise i want my money back if possible. The laptop will be picked up by UPS tomorrow.