cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL702VM having problems with turning on

itswagi
Level 7
Okay so I bought the GL702VM (6th gen) model back in 2016. Its been an amazing machine till a few days ago. I was having this issue where i would turn my laptop off but when turning on, it won't boot or post and the light on the power button would turn on and go out immediately. For a few days resetting my laptop (pressing the power button for 30sec) worked but now its gotten worse. It shuts down automatically after a while when I do get it to boot. After that it automatically turns on and doesn't post. If I have the power cord connected, removing the cord doesn't turn the battery orange indicator off. Its like it's stuck. No ROG logo shows up. No nothing. Its running but I don't hear the HDD spin up like I usually do if it does boot properly. I thought it was a HDD issue so bought an nvme but that didn't fix the issue. Does someone have an insight on the problem and what should I do to get it fixed? Thanks
2 REPLIES 2

700legnalexa
Level 7
itswagi wrote:
I thought it was a HDD issue so bought an nvme but that didn't fix the issue. Does someone have an insight on the problem and what should I do to get it fixed? Thanks

did you change the bios settings and set the nvme as your boot up ? and does your nvme has a windows bootup?try it first maybe it could help

700legnalexa wrote:
did you change the bios settings and set the nvme as your boot up ? and does your nvme has a windows bootup?try it first maybe it could help

Yes I did change the boot order and have a bootable windows on the nvme. The only new thing I have been noticing is when I plug in the charger, it shuts down abruptly. Its happening with every other asus rog charger.