cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[GL553VD] Gaming - Normal CPU Temperature Range ?

Klaive
Level 7
Hi fellow ROGers,

I tried to search everywhere for an answer but couldnt find one clear answer.

I got this Strix GL553VD like a month ago and has been playing without problem ever since. However after checking the CPU temperature using the gaming center software, it says my CPU temperatures are around 72~89 celcius.

Two games that I checked the temp :

Blade & Soul (TW) - 72~79 celcius
Miscreated - 80~89 celcius

I have yet to check the temp during CS:GO, but these temp are worrying me. I have never had any gaming laptop/pc before with such spec so i wouldn't know what to expect.

I used the bottom cooling pad by CoolerMaster but it doesnt help as the bottom is cold, but the internals are hot. I just ordered the vent cooler (the one that sucks inside air out/fan the vent) and it'll probably arrive by saturday.

So, are the temperatures normal or am i in problem?

Specs :

RoG Strix GL553VD
Nvidia GeForce GTX1050 (4GB,128-bit)
Intel i7-7700HQ 2.8GHz
8GB RAM
1TB HDD + 128GB SSD
(If you need any extra spec infos, do tell me)


UPDATE : Fixed it. I set my CPU range's min and max to 99% in power options. Apparently if its set to 100% it'll activate Intel Turbo Boost tech and causes the high temp. Now only in the lower 70s, rarely hitting 85+.
Join date : 28/3/2017
Timezone : GMT+8
68,076 Views
14 REPLIES 14

Olya01
Level 7
Hello Klaive,

I have the same issues with my laptop.
it heats up really quick even if i'm not playing heavy games such us BDO or Blade & Soul ( honestly i didn't try them yet on this pc because of the temperature). It goes up to 70+ degrees on idle sometimes and my CPU goes nuts in temperature. I already disabled all the back ground &fore ground processes to the minimum.
Anyways, where do i go to change CPU usage? mu ROG Key is not working anymore, so i cannot go there.

Thank you in advance.

Olya

Olya01 wrote:
Hello Klaive,

I have the same issues with my laptop.
it heats up really quick even if i'm not playing heavy games such us BDO or Blade & Soul ( honestly i didn't try them yet on this pc because of the temperature). It goes up to 70+ degrees on idle sometimes and my CPU goes nuts in temperature. I already disabled all the back ground &fore ground processes to the minimum.
Anyways, where do i go to change CPU usage? mu ROG Key is not working anymore, so i cannot go there.

Thank you in advance.

Olya


I changed my CPU usage range in Power Options (Right click on your battery icon).

Go there and click Change Plan Settings >> Change Advanced Power Settings >> Processor Power Management (http://prnt.sc/ervws1).

I've set the min and max to 99%, as in the image. Goodluck 😄
Join date : 28/3/2017
Timezone : GMT+8

Thank you so much. Will try it now.
Hopefully it works.

will keep you posted 🙂

Olya

Olya01 wrote:
Thank you so much. Will try it now.
Hopefully it works.

will keep you posted 🙂

Olya


No problem, 🙂 Goodluck
Join date : 28/3/2017
Timezone : GMT+8

Klaive wrote:
I changed my CPU usage range in Power Options (Right click on your battery icon).

Go there and click Change Plan Settings >> Change Advanced Power Settings >> Processor Power Management (http://prnt.sc/ervws1).

I've set the min and max to 99%, as in the image. Goodluck 😄



First of all ty Klavie , ur solution really helped me ty!!!.
second . while im playing a game that demands alot from my PC like GTA V my temperature only on motherbard get's to 80+-
when im playing games like CSGO or PUBG it's 70+-
there is a fix for it via system?

avrmos wrote:
First of all ty Klavie , ur solution really helped me ty!!!.
second . while im playing a game that demands alot from my PC like GTA V my temperature only on motherbard get's to 80+-
when im playing games like CSGO or PUBG it's 70+-
there is a fix for it via system?


Maybe because gtav5 is a game that requires more resources and more heat while csgo the other way.

However trying to put 75% should be around 70 degrees even with gtav, I work with the gtx 960m 🙂

NikoGamerITA wrote:
Maybe because gtav5 is a game that requires more resources and more heat while csgo the other way.

However trying to put 75% should be around 70 degrees even with gtav, I work with the gtx 960m 🙂


TY for ur replay.

i just checked another method , i played gta V for 3 hours straight without cable pluuged to computer and temperature was sitting on 60'C ..
but i will defeniatly try ur methoed and lower it down to 70 while playing GTA V

those are my specs ----------------
(didnt play that moment)

Operating System
‏‏ Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 @ 2.50GHz 45 °C
Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GL553VD (U3E1) 47 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 630 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 42 °C
ForceWare version: 381.89
SLI Disabled
Storage
119GB SanDisk SD8SNAT128G1002 (SSD) 28 °C
931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA) 32 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUE1N
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio(SST)

terrybear2k
Level 8
well... don't worry, it's quite normal, my old g56jr cpu goes up to 92c playin csgo. i'm playin quite a few games for over 2 weeks now plus editing videos. haven't got the time for csgo yet thanks to overwatch. the max cpu temp i get is only 87c

if u really worry about it try klaive's guide, it can suppress the temp quite abit

Hello, but disabling the Intel Turbo Boost, the perfomance remain the same, or the CPU is limited? I mean, the Turbo Boost is not essential at times in games?